telling them

(Draco's POV)
(Italics represent thoughts)

It was a pretty normal morning for Draco. Wake up to his annoying alarm at 7:00. Make his bed and tidy up his room (using magic of course). Walk downstairs in his dressing gown and into the kitchen (avoiding the tooster... no... toaster). Make tea with two spoonfuls of sugar (Draco found tea too bitter otherwise) and make breakfast. Sit down, eat and read the Daily Prophet. Except one thing was slightly different this morning. Draco woke up with a boyfriend. He woke up knowing the man of his life was his. This put Draco in a slightly better mood and went on with his morning with a grin on his face. If Harry saw my face right now... I would die of verbal abuse. Draco chuckled at this thought. He couldn't wait to see Harry. He couldn't wait to see those beautiful, emerald eyes. He couldn't wait to see that gorgeous smile. He couldn't wait to hold him. He couldn't wait to run his hand through that messy, raven hair. Draco had an extra patient to see to today so left his house slightly earlier. On the way out, he grabbed one of the jumpers he wore most and shoved it in his bag.

Loads of people thought he was too young to own a house but Draco made a reasonable amount of money. What no one knew, except Harry of course, was that Draco went to online medical school in 7th year (he studied from the start of 7th year and throughout the time Hogwarts was being rebuilt and all throughout 8th year) and because he is remarkably clever, he managed to pass medical school a year earlier. He was an intern at the muggle hospital for a while and then became a full time doctor at the muggle hospital which earned a decent amount of money. Draco is also a neurosurgeon in training - he is allowed to perform some surgeries under the supervision of other qualified doctors - he managed to pass the first few stages very quickly and was now in his last 5 years of training. If Draco manages to complete the training course, he would be the youngest neurosurgeon in the world. With all of this piled together, Draco earned a fair amount of money.

As soon as Draco got the the hospital, he went to see Harry. Surprisingly, he was still asleep. Draco decided not to wake him as for once, Harry looked at peace. Draco heard footsteps approach the room so he pretended to be checking his blood pressure. He looked up as the door opened and saw Dr.Charles walk in.

"Morning Dr.Charles." Draco said.

"Good morning Draco."

"How was he last night?"

"Better. He had a few episodes where he was tossing and turning but nothing more that that."

Draco took a sigh of relief. "That's great. Thank you for watching him. If you need anything, I'm right here."

"Thank you Dr.Malfoy. Anyway, I must be going, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yes, goodbye." Draco had always admired the work of Dr.Charles. He was an amazing man and a brilliant doctor and psychiatrist. Draco wished he could be as kind and as gentle with people the first time he met them, like Dr.Charles, but after his past, Draco was always wary. Draco turned his head when he heard a mumble come from Harry.

"Dray?" Harry mumbled.

"Hey baby." Draco replied lovingly.

Harry suddenly opened his eyes and hugged his knees into his chest.

"Harry, baby. It's only me." Draco said soothingly. He saw Harry relax and he felt a hand on his.

"Sorry." Harry whispered.

"It's fine baby. Can you tell me what you dreamt about?"

"I was in darkness and then all these dementors came towards me," Draco's stomach sunk slightly, "but your lion was there to stop them."