Vanity

Some people weren't aware of the impact their beauty had on others. It was endearing obliviousness that fused an adorable aura together with their undeniable beauty. Others, however, knew well of their affect on society, and exactly how to grasp the attention from those they set their sights on, wielding their beauty like lethal weapon of seduction latching onto the ones who never imagined being vulnerable until they were at the mercy of an individual filled with vanity.

Frank Iero was one of the people who exuded an air of confidence, a playful innocence in his eyes twinkling dangerously, the promise of an explosion awaiting inside. His mannerisms were kind and he rarely became abrasive unless he was confronted by an annoyance first, but he could very well become the sharpest human being when it came to getting the things, and people, he wanted.  He wasn't hesitant when it came to flirting, capturing the interest of any person he adored in the entrancing web of his glistening eyes, the softness of his smiling lips pierced through with an enticing silver hoop. His social butterfly status made it painfully easy for his unspoken persuasion to run as smoothly as the liquid of his laughter carving a stream through the plains of human existence as a whole.

Frank's magnetic personality meant he was no stranger to maintaining friendships with as many people as he could without feeling he was tearing himself apart to divide his time between one person to another. In the web of friendships stood one of the people who stuck out from the rest, and not only in the chart of friendships Frank kept track of-- Gerard Way. The somewhat popular and strange goth with a camera, attracting swarms of outcasts giving him the look of a different form of popularity he didn't understand himself.

Gerard never fit in during high school until his final year. He was overweight and reserved as he spent his classes doodling in between taking notes, walking across the courtyard and snapping photographs of strange scenery he was gifted at turning into artistic portfolios for the future. His friends were his younger brother and one other quiet classmate who mostly lingered to swap playlists and talk about new issues of comic books they collected.

Before entering senior year, Gerard shed a drastic amount of pounds, bought the wardrobe he was never confident enough to style after he scored a job for the entire summer, and dyed his hair red and black to rid of the mousy brown color he was tired of meeting in the mirror. When he returned in a Christian Death shirt, a studded belt, and rich ruby colored eyeshadow dusted sloppily around his eyes, he became the light the misfits were drawn to, fitting into the era where alternative style was growing in popularity again.

Now, during his third year of university and majoring in photography, Gerard held his reputation, his appearance inviting in those who felt uncomfortable around the overly social people with no interest in the underground music-- and weed supply-- Gerard always kept with him to offer to form new friendships.

Meeting and eventually becoming a part of Frank Iero's life had to have been the most interesting and surprising thing Gerard had ever caught himself up in. Frank was a wildly social and energetic human being whose music taste ranged from gritty punk rock to punching rap vocals spilling out from his dorm when he was either alone or his roommate disappeared, allowing him to invite friends over instead of retreating to the sorority houses again. He dressed in either longsleeves under a ridiculous amount of layered too small shirts with ripped jeans showing off neon green fishnets underneath, or he dressed himself up in  dresses Gerard thought he'd only find on grandmothers, yet Frank made them work amazingly well with clashing leather jackets and Doc Marten's with fishnet long socks rolling up his calves. He wore bright pink eyeshadow blended to perfection around his eyes and glossed his lips so they glistened in whichever lighting he was underneath.

Frank never had a problem with making friends, or being invited to every existing party on the planet, it seemed. He was kind in the way he took his companions out and made the effort to become the shoulder they needed to cry on, proving to outsiders that his heart was good despite their initial thoughts on his appearance and notorious streak of flings. Frank was into all things fun, making him nearly the polar opposite of Gerard, yet they got along in many unexpected ways solid enough to keep them attached since the moment they met at a small dorm room gathering consisting of people Gerard knew well. His shock when Frank Iero bounded into the room with a bright pink bong and three bottles of liquor hidden in his backpack was comical enough to pique Frank's interest, and so they got along well as the evening went on, still chattering for hours after their friends blacked out high and pleasantly drunk.