Applejuice and Peach

Part two of Lemongrass and Sleep. This part has the smut I mentioned :)

——

Two days later, while making her way through campus in search of her friends, Frankie found her wrist being captured and tugged towards the wall behind the library. Her first instinct was to flail and jolt at the first sign of someone yanking her out of sight, but she was immediately alleviated by Geralyn's grinning face saturated by the sunlight shining down into her as though the world was her stage. Frankie released a big sigh and pressed a hand against her thumping heart.

"Jesus, I thought someone was trying to kidnap me." Frankie breathed.

Geralyn tittered. "Nope, I just wanted a minute alone with you so we can talk about something."

For a moment, Frankie's thundering heartbeat slowed to a halt. Her large eyes stayed fixated on Geralyn's face, waiting for something negative to spew, but Geralyn gasped at her own vague claim.

"Shit, it's nothing bad." Geralyn gripped Frankie's shoulder as through to level her despite her frozen stance. "I promise."

Frankie was able to release some of the tension locked in her limbs once she was reassured, pink blossoming in her cheeks at the hands anchoring her in place. She glanced at them wordlessly and Geralyn quickly dropped them.

"I just wanted to invite you to our future band practice sessions." Geralyn stepped back towards the wall and readjusted her bag, lips curved in her odd half-smile endearingly brightening her whiskey and summer eyes. "We could use an actual cheerleader for support. I'm just the fly buzzing in their ear."

"You want me there?" Frankie was grateful enough that her presence was still wanted at Battle of the Bands, but it came as a surprise to her that Geralyn was inviting her to accompany them during their practice sessions as well.

"Everyone thinks you're sort of adorable." Geralyn grinned wickedly, the sunlight tangling in her hair and giving a glossy glow to her tumbling locks. "Ray said something about you knowing how to play guitar too, so you could have a couple jam sessions with us so you're not bored to death."

Frankie tugged the lapels of her patch-decorated denim jacket closer towards her chest as though to hide away from blush gradually engulfing her entire body to be perceived as 'adorable.' She was also strangely touched by Ray recollecting what she shared with him during their group project, her underlying passion for guitar, though she wasn't nearly as good as Ray.

"I'm not that great. You shouldn't expect too much." Frankie's lips curved into a hint of a bashful smile.

"Now is not the time to be modest," Geralyn rocked forward and met Frankie's growing smile with a crooked smirk of her own. "I'd like to see what skills you have up your sleeve. Something tells me you're a musical genius."

"I'm not as skilled as Toro, I mean." Frankie resisted the urge to step back as she noticed Geralyn's nearness paired with her compliment, some part of her admiring how long her curved lashes looked under the trick of dark mascara. "So don't expect any professional shredding. Just moderate to kind of good strumming."

"Sounds perfect to me." Geralyn winked, and before Frankie had the chance to cut off her strangely breathless chuckle at the notion, Geralyn asked, "Also, Ray's throwing a party at his next Friday night. Are you offended by teen drinking?"