Chapter 24

Fourth Shinobi World War Part 1: Unexpected Reunion

The war was only just beginning. The five lands came together to stop the masked man that started it all. Nobody knew what other allies he had, but they were prepared for whatever will come their way.

Even though Kotomi had her chunin status stripped from her temporarily, she still was able to join in since they needed as much people as they can.

At some point, Kotomi knew that the masked man will show himself eventually. The thing was... She didn't know who was going to help him. She prayed that she didn't have to go against her brother again. It broke her the first time, she did not want to fight him twice.

Taking a deep breath in and out, Kotomi began listening to the kazekage's, Gaara's morale speech.

***

Somewhere in a dark cave, there was a mysterious man performing some kind of forbidden jutsu. He had scales like a snake, similar to Orochimaru.

Revealing his face, despite looking different, it was Kabuto, Orochimaru's assistant. "These will be aiding Madara in battle. Along with my personal agenda."

Kabuto chuckled. "The first person I want is Yamato. He has the cells of the first hokage. That would be quite beneficial to helping us win this war."

It felt like capturing him would put him at an advantage, making a lot of white Zetsus out of the first hokage's cells.

"Obtaining the eight and nine tails will make us unstoppable." What he can do with that power will make him win this war for sure.

Kabuto smirked. "I want a vessel that would be even greater than Orochimaru's. Sasuke was alright, but she would be even greater."

With his chakra, Kabuto had a bunch of coffins raise up. He started chuckling lowly. Two of the coffins started to open, slowly stepping out. Kabuto looked at the mysterious figures before him. "Bring me Kotomi Uchiha."

***

Kotomi was double checking to see if she had everything. She had to have everything she owned. She wasn't sure what she would be going up against, but she wanted to be ready for anything.

Seeing that everyone else had someone to fight along with, whether it be squads or partners, Kotomi was alone. She didn't mind it, knowing that she can handle herself if she encountered any danger.

In all honesty, Kotomi wanted to investigate. Find out who will be their enemy besides the masked man and possibly her brother. If it was just those two, this war would have a lot of fatal injuries, but they could still win.

But that seemed too good to true. Kotomi felt like there was more to it than just the masked man.

Everyone was starting to head out in all sorts of directions. Paying attention to where everyone was going, Kotomi made it a point to go to a spot where no one headed to.

Rushing through the trees, Kotomi was keeping an eye out for anything. It was too quiet. Nothing was attacking her. For now at least. She felt like something would come her way eventually.

Speaking too soon, Kotomi sensed something from above. She dodged on time, landing on the ground.

Looking around, Kotomi activated her sharingan. Nobody was around. That's what they wanted her to think.

Hearing a footstep from behind her, Kotomi took out a kunai, throwing it in that direction. She saw a person rushing out of the bushes. She couldn't tell who it was from the bright light of the sun.