I giggled, "Thank you, I'm feeling better with you here," I said to him. I leaned down and kissed his soft lips.

"How did you even get in here?" I asked.

"I remembered where you hid your spare key," he said with a smirk making me laugh, "You look cute in my hoodie by the way," Luke said with a smug smile on his face before kissing my cheek.

"Thanks," I said, heat rising to my cheeks and a smile pulling at my lips.

"Let's go, I'm going to make you breakfast," Luke said pulling me out of bed.

-

Luke and I were sitting on the couch watching TV; his feet on the table, and his arm around me. I had my head on his chest as he ran his fingers through my hair. It was 1pm, but I felt so drained; like I had been awake for days.

"How are you feeling, Bailes?" Luke asked looking down at me.

I smiled, "Not too well. My head still kind of hurts,"

Luke nodded before leaning over and kissing my forehead. I smiled at him before putting my head back down on his chest and wrapping my arms around him. I had no clue why I felt so bad, but the pain made me want to scream.

"Hey Luke, can I lay in your lap?" I asked not feeling well enough to sit up anymore. He nodded and grabbed the cushion next to him. He placed it on his lap and I laid down, grabbing the blanket off the back of the couch. I closed my eyes as I let Luke play with my hair. I reopened my eyes not being able to sleep, I looked up at the wall to check what time it was, but it was too bright in the room so I pulled the blanket over my face, earning a chuckle from Luke. I tried to focus on sleep, but the pain in my head was too much. I got up; walking to the medicine cabinet we had in the bathroom, grabbed some cold medicine that would knock me out, before walking back and laying in Luke's lap again. Luke played with my hair as the drowsy medicine took me under.

I felt Luke kiss the top of my head, and I began to stir. I fluttered my eyes open.

"I didn't mean to wake you," he said looking down at me.

"It's alright," I said sitting up.

"How are you feeling?" he asked putting a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"Better actually. Small headache, and that light coming in through the window is bright, but better," I said with a soft smile. I didn't feel 100% better, but I felt a lot healthier than I did earlier.

"Would you feel okay going out to dinner, maybe that italian place we went for our first date?" Luke asked meeting my eyes with his.

"I'd like that," I said with a smile pulling at my lips, "Let me go take a shower," I said looking at the clock. It was already after 5. Luke nodded and I kissed him softly before walking into the bathroom. I made the water as warm as I could handle, hoping it would make the rest of my headache go away.

My showers were generally quick, only about 15-20 minutes. I stepped out wrapping a towel around myself before walking into my room. I still felt weak so I decided on wearing white jean shorts and a nice flowy tank top with sandals. That way I looked nice, but it didn't require too much energy. I put my hair up in a bun, I was too lazy to style it. I took one last glance in the mirror before walking out into the living room.

"I'm ready," I said to the back of Luke's head. He spun around, meeting my eyes then scanning over my body.

"You look good," he said sauntering towards me.

"Thank you," I said as he wrapped his hands around my waist.

"Are you sure you're feeling alright?" he asked, giving me a worried look. I nodded my head before locking our fingers together and pulling him towards the door.

It felt so nice to be outside after being cooped up in my room for a couple of days. The wind from the car window hitting my skin was a relief after a long day of feeling crappy. As I looked out the window, I remembered school started again in a couple of weeks. I was dreading it, but at the same time I was excited because it was my senior year; it helped that I had Luke by my side. I smiled at the thought as we pulled into the restaurants parking lot.

"Hemmings for 2," Luke said confidently, not as if he was asking like he did the first time we came here.

We both ordered the same thing as we did the on our first date and I was so excited for our food to come out, remembering how good it was.

"It's crazy how different things are now compared to the last time we were here," I said to Luke, playing with the empty straw wrapper I had in between my fingers.

"Yeah I remember sitting here wondering how I got you to agree to come with me," he said nervously.

"I only came because you won that race," I said teasing him.

Luke rolled his eyes, "Ha ha very funny."

"But seriously I don't even know why you asked me," I said looking at his eyes, then at my hands, letting my insecurity take over.

"Because I liked you," he said bluntly as if it was obvious.

"Well I hoped that! I just didn't see why," I said again.

Before Luke could answer, the food was being placed on the table. We started eating immediately as typical hungry teenagers would. We ate and then paid the check, too full to order dessert.

"School's starting in a few weeks," I said as we began to walk to Luke's car.

"Yeah our senior year," he said pulling his raybans on.

I was excited for senior year, but I was also scared. Everyone said the year would fly by, which made me nervous. I was excited to start a new chapter in my life, but I wasn't sure what was going to happen with Luke. I know I shouldn't have to think about that right now, since we had ten months together before I needed to worry, but I couldn't help it. The curiosity of what was going to happen to the two of us was eating away at me. I would probably end up staying here for college, but Luke...he was different. He was so smart and I wouldn't be surprised if a college out of state accepted him in a heartbeat. I didn't want to even think about him moving away right now.

"Hey Ashton and I have a hockey game tomorrow, will you come?" he said lacing his fingers with mine as we approached his car.

"Of course," I said with a smile turning towards him before releasing his hand and getting into the car.

-

A/N

I want luke to take care of me while I'm sick WAH :-(

anyway, I'm gonna upload on Wednesdays and Sundays now. even though I doubt anyone waits around and is like

"photographs is suppose to update today!!!"

so that was probably irrelevant news.

these authors notes make me feel like I'm talking to myself because I bet 80% of people don't read them oh.