Chapter 1

The whole story will be according to Jay's point of view. 

note: this fanfic is written approx. 2 years ago  Sending my pardon if the flow gets rough and for the grammar errors. Nonetheless,  enjoy the story and thank you for 74k+ reads! ♡

-aki

+

"Young Master, I had brought your belongings over the desk. Do you need anything else?" I shook my head sideways and patted his shoulder. From the gesture, he already knew that I meant to say was 'thanks.' "Understood. If I can be of any further assistance, please, let me know." 

Socializing should be something a person would normally grow up to. However, for a guy who had his socializing skills limited since high school, It is painstaking for me to express myself freely.

8 o'clock. I stood before the window, pulling down the strings of the blind curtains, allowing the rays of the sun to pass through the glass. It's about time.

"Doctor Hong," My Assistant Physician knocked at the door, slightly opening it as she peaked over the door. "You have your first patient for the day."

She hands in the the paper holder. I nodded, flicking my index finger - indicating her to let the first patient in.

It does sound crazy yet despite my inability to communicate properly, It never was a hindrance for me to treat patients in inclusion of the field I took. My passion in becoming a doctor is greater than any barriers.

+

"Today's shift is finally over," She yawns, stretching her arms upwards as she makes herself at home inside my clinic. "Today was hectic, right? Aren't you exhausted? I mean, we had a big number of patients today than usual." I slowly shook my head sideways as a response, flashing a light smile.

"Not really?" I nodded. She then giggled, shifting her gaze up to the frames on the wall. "I've worked here for almost 2 months and up to this moment, I had never heard you speak loudly. How'd you prescribe patients without speaking?"

I shrugged as a response. She's getting nosy again.

"Do you prescribe by gestures? Like do you use body language or some sort of figures? No, I bet you write them out instead!"

All was left for me to respond was a simple shrug that shows disinterest. If I could just speak without breaking, I would've told her to mind her own business.

I never wanted to start nor be involved in normal conversations anyways... which is why Joy, my younger sister, protested to the idea of his dear brother in pursuing the field way before I got in college. Our argument over the table is some event that I would not forget so easily.

Saturday Night, 5 years ago

"Defend yourself!" She screams from across the table. "How can you treat patients if you can't even communicate with them?!" I shrugged, partly irked at how she's being disrespectful especially in front of my salad. "See?! You can't even mutter a single word! You just shrug, nod, shake your head and it keeps going in circles! Do you plan to negotiate that way?!"

Well, to be honest, Joy has a point. She heavily sighed as she looks at me with concern pierced in her eyes. "Okay. Let's do some training instead. For example, agree with me right now."

I tilted my head sideways in confusion. "Agree with me, say yes."

Her arms are over her chest as she waits for a respond from me. I did try to speak, believe me. My mouth hung open with my little hope in mind. That I should have found courage to speak.