The josh situation

Josh's pov
I finally got up the courage to knock on the door to see a shirtless Lucas standing at the door. He looks at me for a second and steps outside.
"Listen josh you need to back off maya needs to think of herself and the baby she doesn't need your drama"
"What are you getting out of this Lucas?" I ask accusingly
"What do you mean" he ask starting to get agitated
"I mean you didn't want maya you want Riley my cousin. Do you even love maya or is it just something you have to do because you got her pregnant 'Mr. Moral Compass'" I say sarcastically
"Hey, I love her." Lucas chuckles slightly "you know what I love her so much you wouldn't even know how to comprehend how much I care about her. And yeah I made a mistake when I chose Riley because it's always been maya form the first time we dated on the subway when she fell into my lap"
"So you ruin Maya's life with a baby break my baby cousins heart and still get the girl" I say clenching my first
"She gave you a chance for years she's tried to date you and the second she's over you, you come running over ready to start a relationship. Get over yourself Josh it's not always about you" he says starting to walk back inside "grow up why don't you because her and I sure have"
I don't know what came over me but I grabbed his shoulder and punched him and damn did it hurt my hand.
Mayas pov
I turn over noticing Lucas not lying beside me I get up to go look for him when I hear talking outside I peak out the window to see josh and Lucas talking. Then I see josh punch Lucas and run outside.
"What the heck josh," I yell looking at Lucas' face
"I-I'm sorry" he stammers backing up
"You need to just leave josh go home and we can talk when you're ready to have an actually conversation" I say walking inside with Lucas I watch him kick the ground and start punching the air and then holding his head in his hands then finally he starts walking away. That's not josh not the josh I know.
"Are you okay?" I ask Lucas handing him an ice pack
"I'll be fine." He says kind of irritable
"Why are you upset?" I ask sitting beside him
"Do you have any feelings for him, and don't lie to me" Lucas says looking at me with a black eye.
"I-No. He will always be special to me he was my first crush, but I love you I want to spend the rest of my life with YOU" I emphasize you. "I will talk to him because Lucas I know this isn't josh okay. Come on let's go to bed." I say pulling his hand to bed with me
The next morning
"Hey" Lucas says rolling over just waking up "why are you already dressed?" He ask looking up at me
"Because it's 11am" I said with a laugh "and" I drag out "I'm gonna go talk to josh" I mumbled
"Why" Lucas ask sounding a little hurt
"Because we need to talk," I said trying to get my shoes on but my stomachs not helping me "and you need to trust me"
"Okay I do I trust you and love you. It's him I'm worried about" Lucas says a little sarcastically
"We'll be fine meet at topangas at 2 with farkle and riles." I remind him "I love you" I say kissing him on the lips before I head out.
I knock on the door at the matthews and see Riley answer
"Maya, knocking, I thought I'd never see the day" she laughs
Josh sees me and I walk in "hey riles" I say hugging her "I came to talk to uncle boing" I smirk I walk in and grab his wrist pulling him into Riley's room and to the bay window.
"We need to talk" he looks kind of out of it like he hasn't slept all night.
"I know, I'm sorry about punching Lucas"
"Josh, what's going on with you?" I ask concerned "this isn't you."
"I don't know I guess I just took you for granted so much that I actually lost you" he looks down looking almost ashamed.
"Yeah you did" I said with a sad laugh "but I still want to be you friend I still want to be there for you. I mean you're still uncle boing"
"Maya, just answer me this, if you and Lucas had never slept together or weren't having a baby together would we have maybe had a chance?"
"Honestly, yes. But that's not how our lives worked out I did sleep with Lucas, I did get pregnant, and I am going to marry Lucas because we love each other." I said. I saw the little life in joshes eyes fade like he completely lost his hope.
"Look at me" I lifted his chin so we were looking at each other. "You will always be special to me, but now it's just in a different way" I took my hand away from his face. "And you're gonna have to learn to live with us being friends or I guess we can't be in each other's lives. And that would just really suck for both of us but Lucas and ember are my future and if you want to be to you're going to have to learn to live with that"
Hey guys sorry for the REALLY long time being gone I just got inspired I don't know how long I'll be on here but just for the people who did want some more chapters. Here ya go!! Hope you like it! ❤️