Chapter 12

"Y-You love me?!" I heard Mark exclaim before he squeezed me around the waist through the iron bars. I nodded, tears spilling out of my eyes as we embraced. My heart hurt that he was stuck in there, because of my mom, because of me. I couldn't bear it. 

"Don't ever hurt yourself again because of me, or yourself, or anyone. I just sped down the highway for two hours to get to you. I swear next time you'll be the one kidnapped in a basement." I threaten him, seriously. Mark just chuckles and looks at me. 

"Are you serious, Jess?" He asks, smiling. 

"Dead serious." I deadpan, letting him go as the door to the hall creaks open slowly, an officer poking his head in for a moment. He raises an eyebrow, causing Mark to quickly pull his arms away from my waist and blush furiously. 

"I'll be out in just a second, Officer." The man in blue nods and shuts the door, and I face Mark quickly, standing on my tip toes to kiss him through the bars. I felt Mark back off, holding my hand. He gave me a bittersweet smile, letting go. 

"We laugh, we cry, we fall, we get high. Just like we were kids, just like we were kids again. And when I, I'm feeling small, you get me through it all." He whispers softly to me, backing off to sit on the shitty cot in the back of the cell. 

I smile at him, the tears beginning to fall as I walk off to leave the station. I don't even talk to the officer, I just go sit in my car, and lean onto the steering wheel and cry. Ugly cry. He doesn't deserve this. I hear my phone ring, but I ignore it. And then again. And again. And I answer it, not looking at the caller ID.

"Jesse where the fuck are you?" I hear my mom scream into the receiver. 

"Why do you give a shit mom? You only care about you. Not me." I retort, holding back tears. 

"I do, which is why I'm pressing charges even though he can't see how cruel that man is."

"I don't care, Mother! I love him." Anger now fuels my words, giving me the confidence I don't normally have, especially not to my mother. 

"Excuse me? You ungrateful little shit. I expected you to leave for a hotel, not actually see that damn demon of a human being. I can't believe I raised such a little fucking slut. If I see you at this house again, I swear I'll beat the shit out of you, you fucking whore! I'll fucking ki-" I hung up. I hung up on that psychotic woman. A small victory, for now. All I had to do from here on out was wait until I turned eighteen. It was easy peasy. 

Suddenly there was a knock on the window. I looked over to see a brunette haired girl, concern written all over the place. She motioned for me to roll down my window, and I complied. 

"You okay miss?" She asked, a bit of a southern accent. I shook my head no, and she scowled. "Wanna talk about it?" I pointed to my passenger seat, and she got the idea. The lady moved to the other side of the car and got in. 

"What's wrong doll? Be honest with me." She asked, laying a comforting hand on my shoulder. 

"My mom thinks that I'm a slut and a whore for being with someone who is 3 years older than me. She disowned me and threatened to kill me. Also, my boyfriend is in jail for something that isn't even his fault." I let out an exasperated sigh. She didn't need to know the full story. She would call me crazy, insane, psychotic, for loving him, even after what he put me through. But that was okay. If insanity was what caused me to love Mark, than maybe I was okay with being crazy. 

Back from the metaphorical grave. Maybe. I dunno. If I'm being real, I've lost passion for this story. I love Markiplier and his channel, but this? This book kind of disgusts me at any rate. I mean, I'm the one who wrote it, and I just wrote another chapter, but it's because you guys love it. In fact, the only reason why it's still around is because some of you enjoy it. I dunno. Voice your opinions, please. I've got hardly any motivation to continue this. I'm really sorry.