Chapter 8

Jess POV

I was finally going home. I got to go home. For a while the other patrol car followed us, but split off after a while. I kept looking back. Micheals noticed my frequent glances.

"You don't have to keep looking back. That's gone now. In your past." The officer told me. I nodded.

"I know." I whispered. I couldn't help but miss Mark's sweet smile. I wondered what was going through his head.

Mark's POV

What had I done? I loved her. I love Jess. I fucked up so bad. I couldn't stop myself. I couldn't stop Dark. That bastard. He took over. When Jess told me she wanted to go home, I lost it. I grew sad, depressed. Dark took advantage of me, took my body over and used me to hurt her. Now Jess will never love me. I'd forever yearn for her, and she'd forever run away from me, just out of my grasp. In the depths of my mind I heard a vile laugh.

"Oh Mark, you weak little boy. This is too enjoyable. Your misery feeds me." The voice cackled. Dark. That asshole. I wouldn't respond, because he'd hear my thoughts. My thoughts of hatred for him.

"Pathetic Mark. I thought You were better than that." Dark taunted. I ignored him. I almost always ignored him.

"You can't ignore me forever." He taunted once more, and then I felt his presence fade. I sighed a soft sigh of relief. The officer driving the car I was in looked back at me mad glared. I just put my head head down. And then I felt the tears come. The just kept coming. I fought them with all that I had. The officer looked back.

"You deserve this, you piece of shit." He spat.

"I know." I sobbed, hating myself more and more every minute I breathed.

Jess's POV

I saw my street. I wiggled in my  seat, excited to see my parents again. My cat. My friends. Hell, my teachers. We pulled up in my driveway, and my mom and dad ran outside. I slowly got out of the car and walked up to them, hugging them, but still missing Mark.