Chapter 4: Heartbroken (By Nothing In Particular)

Start from the beginning

Eliza was heartbroken. By nothing in particular.

This was a rare occurrence in the human Elizabeth Schuyler. A once in a lifetime event. Laf was lucky. ..Enough to be able to handle her at this stage. She would be sobbing a lot, and groaning on about life would be better with Alexander..and how he never liked her in the first place..and..I hope you get the idea. Everything around Eliza was no longer pink, it was blue. A sad blue.

"Eliza..there's nothing to be too sad about..it's not like you were dating him in the first place...I'm not helping am I."

"It's okay Laf..." Eliza slid onto the floor. "I'm just gonna lay here...until further notice..."

"But we have homeroom soon!"

"Well just drag me there...because I see no point in moving..." Eliza let out a loongggg sigh. "Why is life so unfair...I only knew him for two days and it's still unfair..."

Laf sighed, literally dragging Eliza out of the classroom as he heard the bell ring. He came across some Avaxander activity in the hallway, so he immediately turned the corner so Eliza wouldn't see. He went to pull out his phone to text Angelica or Peggy when he remembered that he didn't and couldn't have it.

"Ugh..Alex, you merde why'd you get us in trouble."

"Alexander...where..?"

"No where, Eliza!"

"He's ignoring me to be with Ava..I knew it...siiighhh..."

Laf shook his head, before continuing to drag Eliza down the hallway, getting some confused looks from people, and into the classroom.

Angelica, John, and Herc were just chilling when they turned their heads to see Eliza and Laf.

Angelica's expression became exhausted as she saw the expression on Eliza's face. "Don't tell me..."

"Yep." Laf responded, knowing what she was referring to.

Eliza writhed her arms away from Laf and laid on the ground again. "Just lay me right here...screeeechhh, like a car or something a worthless insignificant car who never had a chance..."

"What is it now?" Angelica asked. "I'm not looking for illegal ways to get to Shawn Mendes' house again."

"Ava and Alexander are together."

"WHAT?!-"

The bell rung once more and the other students began walking inside the classroom. Angelica pulled Eliza up before she could get trampled. She looked up at Angelica. "Angelica...why do you seem so hurt looking..?.."

Angelica came up with a quick lie. "It's Wednesday and we're at school."

Angelica sat Eliza in her seat, saying 'See you later' before saying bye to the others and walking out of the room to her own class. Eliza laid her head on the desk, watching Ms. Regina walk into the classroom, barely being able to see her as one of her eyes was against the desk making her vision a bit blurry.

Ms. Regina counted everyone's heads and raised an eyebrow at Alexander and Ava's empty seats. "Where's Alexander?"

"He's here." John responded.