Chapter 4: Heartbroken (By Nothing In Particular)

Start from the beginning

"AAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

All heads turned to Eliza, who was still screaming. Ava and Alexander looked deeply confused...And concerned. She continued screaming, fumbling with a doorknob behind her and slipping into whatever room it was.

She went on screaming, looking at her not so clear reflection in a book that was on a desk. After a couple of seconds, she stopped.

"Hey Eliza."

Eliza turned to Laf. "I-I come into the room screaming and that's how you respond??"

"Well, yeah. I hear screaming on the daily, sooo..." He shook his head. "What's wrong?" 

"A..A...A-A..Av..A-Al..."

"Take your time,"

"Ava and Alexander...ARE DATING!"

"Whaaaat? They are?"

"Yes! I..I didn't even know they knew each other! And..and it just came out of nowhere! Like..like.."

"Like?"

"I don't know, just like!"

"Hm. Like is a reasonable answer." Eliza sighed, sliding onto the floor. Laf joined her, and she laid her head in his lap. "I really like him, Laf...but now he's dating Ava...I mean was always dating Ava..."

"You can still like him, you know?"

"What's the point in liking someone when you know there's a 0 percent chance you're ever going to be with them..? ...Pet my hair please." He did so.

"People do that all the time, with celebrities, actors, singers, you..you..tu..??.."

"Youtubers."

"Yes, those! So it's okay to like someone, even though you can't be with them. Even though you'll be haunted by the fact that you have to see them with each other everyday and be reminded that you'll never be with Alexander only in your dreams and fantasies but never in real life because he's dating Ava and even though you might have the sliiightest chance of being with him it won't happen because if they've been together for this long they might just get married, have kids, have a ship name, how does Avaxander sound?"

....

"Eliza? Eliza are you okay?"

Eliza wasn't okay. He was right. Absolutely right. Positively right. Completely right. Definitely right. Synonyms for very right. Eliza murmured as if she was in a trance. "Av..ax..ander..."

"Yeah, I came up with it myself. You like?"

"Avaxander...Avaxander..."

"Yes..that's their um..ship name..Eliza, do I need to take you to the nurse—"

"Avaxander is sailed. Elizaxander is destroyed into a million pieces by a storm of heartbrokenness and loneliness..."

Eliza made an extremely sad frown, and Lafayette already knew what this meant. The hearts in her eyes had broke. "Oh god...I think Hamliza works better."