22

Yuta had quit his job and managed to get one with reasonable hours per Sicheng's request. Their life together seemed perfect. Well...almost.

One morning, Sicheng woke up without Yuta beside him. He sat up a little too quickly, immediately getting headrush and laying back down again. He heard something from the kitchen and went to get up to check it out, but heard Yuta whispering to him and sat back.

Yuta soon came out of the room with a tray of food. "Shhh...sit down, I made breakfast for you."

Sicheng looked around at everything on the tray. It was a ridiculous amount of food, but it was all of his favorites. "You made all this?" Yuta nodded proudly. Sicheng smiled. "I'll eat it as long as you eat it with me."

Yuta smiled back at him and they ate together for the next half hour or so. Once finished, Yuta still insisted on Sicheng resting as he went and brought all the plates to the kitchen. Once he came back, he walked over and picked Sicheng up bridal style without any words said.

He brought him to the bathroom and sat him on the countertop.

"What are you doing?" Sicheng giggled, wrapping his arms around Yuta's neck.

"I'm showing my love for you."

Yuta suddenly took off his shirt and began stripping. Sicheng was very confused. When Yuta looked up and saw Sicheng's puzzled face, he laughed. "We're getting in the shower together, dummy."

Sicheng nodded in understanding and proceeded to do as Yuta did.

They admittedly made out a few times in the shower in the midst of hiding themselves and trying to get past each other. Yuta blow-dried Sicheng's hair after they were finished and, once again, carried him bridal style back to their bedroom.

He told him to wear something nice as they got dressed.

Once Sicheng got himself looking presentable, Yuta impulsively grabbed his hand and pulled him out of the apartment, taking his keys off the counter on the way out.

They drove around to a lot of places, including a clothing store that Sicheng was interested in. Yuta followed behind him as he walked throughout the entire store, casually picking out some clothing items too without the other noticing.

The time came when Sicheng needed to try on his clothes. Yuta gave him the few items that he had chosen for him and sat on the bench just outside the changing rooms. Within around 10 minutes, Sicheng had come out and shown him particularly boring outfits, ones that resembled what he usually wore anyways.

However, his last outfit was a very eye-catching one. He wore skinny black jeans and a tight blue shirt, which showed off his slender figure. Yuta's eyes widened upon seeing him. Sicheng had his face in embarrassment as Yuta stared him up and down.

"D-do I look weird?"

Yuta was exasperated. "N-no...you look...beautiful."

Sicheng smiled and ran up to hug him, being caught off guard when Yuta stopped him halfway by standing up and kissing him. They soon pulled away, Yuta's hands on his shoulders. "Do you like that outfit?"

Sicheng nodded.

"Take it off. I'll buy it for you." Yuta muttered in his ear.

He followed him back into the changing room; there was no reason for him to wait outside anymore. Sicheng hid in the corner, intimidated by Yuta's harsh and hungry gaze.

Once he finished, Yuta told him to wait at the door while he payed for the clothes. It didn't take very long and they were soon out and about on the streets again. It was around noon at this time, so they were both a little hungry.

"Do you want something to eat?" Yuta asked.

Sicheng took his hand as they walked and nodded.

Yuta smirked and led him to a Chinese place on the corner. They didn't eat Chinese food often, and it always made Sicheng happy to have it because it reminded him of home.

Yuta had memorized what he liked to eat now, so he had Sicheng get them a table while he ordered. The line wasn't very long so Yuta was sitting back with Sicheng after around only five minutes of waiting.

Sicheng rested his chin in his palm. "Why did you take me out today?"

"Because I wanted to."

Almost on cue, a waiter had disrupted their conversation by bringing them their food. They both really enjoyed it and had some fun small talk as they ate.

Afterwards, they watched a movie that Yuta had previously bought tickets for and then sat in the park. It was starting to get dark and the sun was setting, so they tried choosing the best spot in the open park to sit at and watch the sky.

Sicheng had laid back on the grass once the stars were visible. Yuta did the same.

"It's really pretty, isn't it?" Sicheng asked, referring to the stars.

"Yes...but I think you're prettier." Yuta said confidently, reaching for Sicheng's hand next to him.

He smiled. "You're cute. I don't think you know that. You're really, really cute."

"Of course I know that." Yuta joked, getting playfully hit on the arm as revenge. Once Sicheng was done with his spiel, Yuta rolled over and stared at him.

"You're so beautiful. The most beautiful person on this planet."

"That's a lie."

"Not to me." Yuta said, getting up off the ground and kneeling in front of Sicheng, who sat up.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you baby. I love you more than life itself. I was having such a hard time trying to find my purpose before I met you. You've made everything so clear. I'm telling you this now and I hope to tell you this everyday until we die, but you are beautiful and I love you so much. So, would you make me the happiest man in the world..."

Sicheng sniffed, wiping the tears from his eyes. "Yuta..."

"Will you marry me?"