20

A few weeks had passed since Yuta's interview. He found out the following Monday that he finally got the job. He was now a CFO of a car manufacturing industry, as the previous one got leukemia. He had carefully selected this job because it was high-paying and the hours were similar to Sicheng's, so a majority of the time that they weren't with each other was spent at work.

Yuta had the day off so he unfortunately had to wait all day without Sicheng, constantly being reminded of him as his scent was still in the air of his apartment (he had stayed over the night before). The wait was utterly horrible, as Yuta had anticipated to ask Sicheng a serious question that could affect their future.

He wouldn't ask for marriage, no, not yet. As much as they loved each other, there were too many things that needed to be worked out. Instead, he would ask for them to move in together. Yuta had already chosen a place that was perfect for them. Yes, it was still an apartment, but it was in Sicheng's current area so it wouldn't be too unfamiliar for him. Their commutes wouldn't be bad either: 10 minutes of walking for Sicheng and 15 for Yuta.

Finally, as the clock struck 3, the door to Yuta's apartment opened. Sicheng came in, visibly drained of energy. He threw himself down next to Yuta and positioned himself in his lap. Yuta stroked his forehead and smiled down at him.

"Are you alright?"

"It was raining on the way back...one of the kids took my umbrella while I was reading so I walked home in the rain. I stood in the lobby for about 20 minutes to dry off."

Yuta scoffed, grabbing a blanket from off the floor and wrapping Sicheng in it. "You waited downstairs for that long just cause you were soaked? Are you crazy?"

"Apparently." Sicheng giggled.

Yuta couldn't help but be bewildered by the boy with his eyes closed under him. His gold, round glasses fit his face so perfectly. He was wearing a long brown cardigan over his button-up, which Yuta found absolutely adorable.

"Sichengie?" Yuta said to get his attention.

He hummed in response.

"Let's move in together."

Sicheng eyes opened and widened in shock. "You...you really w-want to?"

Yuta nodded.

Sicheng sat up and hugged him, nuzzling into his neck. "When should we pack?"

"I was thinking on your next off day. I can do my work that night."

"But my next off day is tomorrow-"

"Great! Then we'll get it done then! Also, if it's alright, we shouldn't bring any furniture. The apartment is already furnished."

Sicheng squeezed him tighter.

Yuta wrapped his arms around his waist and gave him a light kiss on the top of his head.

————

Yuta was at his desk on his laptop. Now, with his new job, he even had to work a good bit of overtime. He was currently making a spreadsheet of the finances for a new marketing project. He worked very intently, completely shirtless and only wearing his sweatpants.

Sicheng came out of the kitchen drying his hair with a towel. He set out a small plate of snacks for Yuta in the desk. Although he knew he should be patient, he really wanted attention.

He rested his chin on Yuta's bare shoulder. "Come lay down with me." He said.

Yuta didn't pay much attention. "I can't right now, I have to work."

Sicheng pouted. "Are you almost done?"

"Not really."

"When will you be done? I want to go to bed."

Yuta sighed, turning around and giving him a quick peck. "Go to bed and wait for me, then. I'm sorry but I really need to get this done."

Sicheng sulked as he dragged his feet to the bed, throwing himself on top despite feeling as though he was freezing. He knew he couldn't get attention from Yuta all the time, but he was greedy. He wanted it.

He sat there in total silence for the next 30 minutes or so without a problem. However, he could suddenly hear Yuta mumbling to himself in the kitchen.

What if he's really angry with me?

What if I bothered him and he couldn't get his work done?

Will he break up with me?

His breath hitched as if on cue. Yuta walked in with his head down and a cup in his hand. Sicheng tried to quickly hide himself under the blankets as he started to let out muffled sobs. He could hear Yuta set the cup down on the bedside table and mumble, "He must be asleep."

He could feel him get into bed next to him and start to pull the covers down on his face. However, Sicheng put his hands up and stopped him. Yuta leaned forward and went silent. Suddenly, he pulled the covers down forcefully and saw Sicheng's crying face, cupping it in his hands.

"Aw, why are you crying baby?"

Sicheng stopped resisting and let his tears flow out, all being caught with Yuta's fingers as he wiped them away. Yuta pulled him to his chest and let him cry.

"Tell me what happened, my love," he said, looking down at Sicheng.

"I...you got...you got upset...and I...I thought you didn't-didn't love me..."

Yuta gripped Sicheng's waist and carefully placed his hand on the back of his neck, easing their foreheads together.

"I could never stop loving you, you know that right?" Sicheng smiled through his tears. "No one in this world could ever love someone or something more than I love you."

Sicheng took his hand and moved back so he could get a better view of his entire being.

"Promise you'll never leave me?"

Yuta kissed him. "I promise." He said with no hesitation.

—————————

have a fluffy chapter :)

I hope you all are enjoying the fact that this book is a bit longer than my other ones. I have a new idea for a book inspired by a drama I started watching but I don't know if I should write it

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Have a nice day/night!💗💓❤️