The Day That Everything Changed

Hello! This Chapter is very long as many of my chapters will be, also this chapter is a little bit disturbing, suicidal themes, so if that makes you uncomfortable please don't read!

Edit: Actually this chapter is VERY disturbing, litteral suicide attempt, so ^.

On March 2nd Deku was in his third year of middle school, in a class of people he had known his whole life. Because his class was in its last year of middle school, his teacher explained that they would be deciding their career choices for high school. The teacher assumed everyone was going on the hero path. But Deku is one of the 20% of people who are quirkless, something that he has been persecuted for by his childhood "friends" for years. The main culprit of this bullying is Katsuki 'Kacchan' Bakugou, quirk: Explosion, he sweats a nitroglycerin-like substance from his palms and can explode it at will, basically his can make explosions come from his hands. Bakugou has always bullied Deku for being quirkless and actually gave him the nickname "Deku" which in Japanese means 'useless'. Bakugou had always made fun of Deku for wanting to be a hero even though he was quirkless, but Deku always wanted to be his friend anyway.

Well today Bakugou decided he should stand on his desk and tell everyone that he is the best and all of them are rejects, and that he and only he will get into U.A., the hero school that has a less than 1% acceptance rate, which sparks Deku's teacher to mention that Deku also wants to go to U.A.. Bakugou got angry. He told Deku that he was below even the rejects because he was quirkless, then after class ended he told Deku that he could become a hero by jumping off the roof and hoping for a quirk in his next life, and used his quirk to burn some of Deku's hero notebook. Deku brushed all of this off as Bakugou just being Bakugou.

As Deku was walking home a green liquid starts to seep out of a manhole. Deku is confused by this and goes closer, only for the sludge to form into a person, kind of. This thing had large eyes with orange iris' and elongated pupils, and a mouth full of razor-sharp teeth, its face moved around its sludge-like body like a fish in water. Deku was paralyzed in fear. The sludge monster spoke "A medium-sized invisibility cloak, perfect!" his voice sounded as if a robot was speaking into a fan. Before Deku had time to process what the sludge monster had said, well, to even think, The sludge had overtaken him and part of the sludge was being forced down his throat, rendering him unable to breathe. Deku thought that he was going to die, when suddenly the manhole burst open and who jumps out, All Might! All Might was the No. 1 hero and Deku was his biggest fan, but right now he was happy to be saved. All Might knew that the sludge monster couldn't be hit with one's fist so he punched the air in front of him, creating air pressure sending the monster flying away and Deku knocked out.

When Deku woke up All Might was standing over him, he jumped up and started blabbering about autograph's and being All Might's biggest fan, only to find that he had already signed in his hero notebook. Deku was very grateful and was thanking All Might profusely when Bakugou came to his mind. All Might was about to jump into the sly, but Deku just had to know, so as All Might jumped away dek grabbed onto him. Now, All Might couldn't just drop him onto the ground when he was flying through the air so he landed on a nearby building, where Deku finally asked him "Can someone be a hero, even if they are quirkless?!" All Might was about to tell him something motivational when he felt himself deflating. A cloud of steam blocked Deku's vision but when he could see All Might again, he was incredibly slim and had shadows over his eyes, he looked nothing like the tall muscular all might who had just saved his life. All Might told Deku about an injury he had gotten a long time ago from which one of his lungs and his stomach were destroyed, making him only able to do hero work for three hours each day. Al Might now knew he had to tell this boy the truth, so he told Deku that since hero's risk their lives every day, it is not safe for someone who is quirkless to become a hero. Deku was shocked, All Might walked away, through the roof doors and down the stairs leading down the building.

Deku started to cry, he had always known he couldn't be a hero, but he couldn't admit it to himself, and now that AllMight, his role model, his idol, had told him he actually couldn't, his dream was shattered into millions of pieces. Deku walked to the railing at the edge of the building, and the words of Bakugou came to his mind, "take a swan dive off the roof, and hope for a quirk in your next life!" It seemed perfectly logical to him now. His reason for living every day, his goal in life, had just been pulled out from under him. So, he threw himself over. he turned to have his face towards the ground as he fell through the air and closed his eyes very much at peace. But Deku never hit the ground.

Deku opened his eyes, he hadn't been knocked out, but he didn't think he was dead either. Deku then saw that he was lying on his back in an alleyway, with a suited man with his head and hands made of purple fog. "Hello young man, my name is Kurogiri, and I just saved your life."