(9)

{Alex pov}

"Why are you doing this?" I sat on my bed in Jace's apartment.

"Listen, Li and I have been really close for a long, long time. I can't say no to him."

"But I'm here!" I whined.

"And you'll still be staying here! Alex, nothing is changing. Okay? It'll stay the same."

"Where's he sleeping?" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Don't get bitchy with me." He said firmly. I sat back a little, and pouted.

"Sorry." I dropped my head.

"Fuck." He hissed under his breath. I smirked, knowing that my look weakened him. Whenever I feel bad, Jace feels even worse. That isn't really a good thing, because I hate seeing Jace upset. He's too good to hurt. And all I ever do is just bring him down.

"Where will he be sleeping?" I repeated myself a little nicer this time, though.

"Couch?" It seemed like he was asking for my permission for something.

"You want him in my room, though, don't you?"

"And you'd be sleeping in my bed."

"And You'd be on the couch?"

"You'd be in there with me."

Excitement filled inside of me, and I was breathless and speechless.

"Don't say any more. I can read your face."

Immediately, my face dropped. Does this make me look desperate to be with Jace? Will he know I'm not going to be using him for anything?

"Alex!" Jace's hands were tightly cupped around my shoulders.

"What?" I asked, alarmed.

"Fuck, kid." he breathed. "You stopped responding to everything!"

"Sorry! I was just thinking."

"I won't do anything to you in bed. Hell, I we don't even have to sleep in the same bed if you don't want."

I could feel myself blush, and couldn't do anything to hide my smile.  "It's okay, we can share."

"God, AJ, I love you!" Jace breathed out, then let out a little laugh.

"What?" It had at first gone in one ear and right out the other, but then caught me off guard. "I mean, yeah, haha, I love you too." I slung my arm around his shoulder.

"No, Alex."  He took my arm, and unwrapped it. "Don't say that."

"But, why?" I asked him, confused.

"You don't mean it. You still aren't comfortable with the fact that I like you even a little."

I shrugged my shoulders and looked away. "It doesn't bother me." I mumbled.

"Alex." He sighed and ruffled my hair. "It's late, you've had a stressful day, just go to sleep, okay? Li will sleep out on the couch tonight, and we'll get everything situated tomorrow."

"No!" I jumped, startling him.

"What?" He breathed heavily, shocked.

"Can you sleep with me tonight?"

"Why?" His body relaxed.

"Because, um. A couple reasons."

"Alex, Li will never, ever touch you, and me and him won't fool around." He read exactly what I was thinking.