Chapter 7 ~ Final Chapter

Dawn's POV

I had begun to doze off in the truck until I was pulled out of my almost slumber by voices, distant but still there that sounded familiar and a chirping that filled me with warmth... Blue. I Jumped out of my curled up position on the floor of the truck, chirping out in attempt to get help. 

My calls died down as I listened in to the conversation happening between them, vaguely hearing a male voice, Owen, offer to take Blue somewhere safe. A silence filled the night air before Blue chirped sadly followed by his footsteps dancing across the ground... further away from me, causing me to caw loudly. I pushed my self against the jammed doors of the truck in an attempt to escape. 

Soon, Blue's scent and presence had faded from my senses. I scratched at the door, roaring out in sorrowful pain. I pressed my head against the rough, cool metal closing my eyes and letting out a soft cry. 

I backed into the darkness of my prison, narrowing my eyes as footsteps approached and two pairs of hands closed over the gap between the doors and pulled, causing a metallic groan to fill the air. My eyes glinted in the darkness, dilating as a burst of light entered the truck as the doors creaked further and further apart.  

They finally opened fully and a familiar face entered my line of vison, a face I was so glad to see. Owen's face showed multiple emotions, such as surprise, anger and sadness. He crouched over slightly and stretched out his hand, but before he could say anything he was interrupted by another voice," Owen? What is it?" 

Without breaking eye contact, he raised his spare hand to his lips before saying directly to me," Hey Dawn... You wanna come out of there? Huh?" I slowly stepped out of the darkness towards him, showing the various scratches and cuts from the fall, non of which hurt. 

He smiled at me softly as I took another step towards him, tilting at my head and chuffing to him slightly. As I stepped forward he continued to step backwards," C'mon Dawn almost there Baby." I finally made it out of the truck carefully scanning my surroundings. I stepped onto the concrete beneath my feet and a slight gasp picked up.

My eyes constantly flickered nervously, watching each human carefully, the short, adorable human who helped me and Blue. A new, skittish human. Claire, the little girl and finally Owen. The little girl grinned at me while new dude, adora-human and Claire all looked nervous. " Owen, be careful." 

Locking eyes with Owen, I stepped towards his outstretched hand and rested my nose against it, purring softly to him. He grinned at me and ran his hand up and down my face before dragging it softly over my blaze of colour. I whined to him and pulled away gently, pushing myself up higher on my back legs and beginning to caw loudly, calling out for Blue. 

Claire stepped slightly in front of the little girl and said," Owen, what is she doing?" He waved his hand at her and said," She's looking for him." " For who?" He paused, grinning, before replying to the little girl," Blue." 

I lowered my self back down on my legs, waiting to hear a response. After there was no answer, I turned back to the man that raised my, my alpha and rested my hang my head down in a sign of respect. He breathed a sigh of relief before stepping forward and resting his hand on my back, saying," So what about you? Will you come with us?" 

I looked at him carefully before looking at the cage and then at the surrounding forest. I turned to him and chuffed slightly in agreement,' I'm sorry Blue.' He smiled and looked over at the others, walking towards them, more specifically the little girl." Do you want to properly meet her, Maisie?" She nodded frantically, coming out from behind Claire, coming towards me slowly with Owen beside her.

" Maisie, meet Dawn. Dawn meet Maisie," Maisie giggled and lifted her hand up to me cautiously, I lowered my head to her height, puffing a breath of hair into her face. She giggled and stroked my head and down my neck. After my little introduction to Maisie I noticed the adorable human staring at me in awe. She turned to Owen and gestured to me," May I?" He shrugged," If she lets you." 

The small human approached me and after making sure I was relaxed she rested her hand against my side, feeling it move with each breath I took. She rested her other hand against the side of my head. " Amazing.." She whispered breathily. 

She moved away from me as Owen set his hand on my back, directing me towards the cage. As we neared it, a quick flash of the truck flipping through the air occurred in my head causing me to begin to freak out. I scrambled away from him my breaths coming out shallowly. My eyes dilated as I began to panic my eyes zeroed in on the cage. 

I flickered my gaze quickly to Owen as he stepped towards me," Dawn? Girl?" I looked at him brokenly before turning round and with a flick of my tail I had disappeared into the foliage. Once I was hidden in the trees I looked back to the humans, seeing each one with a mixture of hurt and confusion but Owen and Maisie's faces are what broke my heart. They both looked... betrayed and sad and hurt. I let out a breath, giving them a final apologetic look that they didn't see before sprinting off. Searching.....

Blue's POV

I stood atop of a mountain, in a sandy, desolate area situated above a small city. I raised myself high on my back legs, calling out for her......

-The End-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you all so much for reading the sequel to 'The Other Raptor' it really means a Lot to me ❤ I hope you all enjoyed it x

-Author 💛💚