Linear equation solutions

Start from the beginning

"Have you had any form of contact with (Y/N) lately?" he asked, wiping himself off while trying to regain his dignity. The villainous Radio Demon, found drunk and passed out of the side of the road. What a joke.

Angel shuffled around, giving him a stare. "No...why? Also what were you doing on the side of the road?" he asked, a smirk in his taunting eyes.
Alastor cringed, grabbing his throbbing head. "I drank too much. Me and (Y/N)....we fell out..."

"Fell out of what?"

"No, like got into an argument!" he rolled his eyes. Angel dust probably failed the third grade.

"What happened? is she ok? what did you do??" he narrowed his eyes, puffing out his chest and sizing up Alastor. Scoffing, he pushed the spider to the side and continued to walk in the direction on The Rusty Spoon—perhaps Husk had information on what happened.

"hey—where are you going?" angel called, speeding up to him. Alastor clenched his fists.

"I need details from husk about what happened last night."

Angel flushed at the mention of husk, and Al gave him a bemused look—to which the spider blushed even more at.

Turning his eyes to the city, Alastor mentally planned out a map.
"Mind if i tag along?" angel piped up, breaking his train of thought. Grumbling, he nodded.

Why not?

...

"I'm telling you husk, i need to know what happened to Alastor last night. People said he was passed out on the street!"

"And he said that you weren't on speaking terms—i told him to give ya some space."

You stopped your foot, kicking the stool with the heel of your foot angrily. Looks like husk wouldn't budge.

"Please? I'm just..." you tried off, looking away sadly.

"Worried? I wouldn't sweat it, he's the Radio Demon remember?" Husk grumbled, giving you a skeptical look. You frowned. Worried?

Probably, to be honest.

Husk nodded to a demon right beside you "They were he last night, you could try your luck with em." he said, walking to a person that was calling for a drink.

Listening in on the Demons rant, you were...confused...to say the least.

"so i say, 'just because i choked on a curch wafter and died doesn't mean you need to be salty about it and send me to hell' and what does this all knowing god do? send me to hell! I swear—" You cit them off with a tap in the shoulder. They whipped around and stared at you, telling the person they were ranting to to hold on.

"Yes?" they questioned impatiently.

You cleared your throat "Uh—yeah, did you see a red deer demon here last night? about yay high? Looks like a strawberry pimp? could murder you with just this creepy-ass stare?" you tried.

They just nodded, a knowing look taking place on their face. "The Radio Demon? How could i not? He was drinking like crazy...i'm surprised he didn't murder the bartender!" they looked around warily, turning to you fully.

You nodded, sort of relived. "so he just drank a lot? Do you know what he was talking about?"

They nodded "Yeah, something about a girl? and dreams? and murder?—which is nothing very new for him—but he sounded sad about it. I don't know much, really. I just arrived" they looked down ruefully.

You patted their shoulder awkwardly, trying to comfort as bed you could.
"Oh...well, good luck. and a word of advice: don't drink the kool aid that's offered to you in the streets, it'll kill you for real." you told them, it was best to help out in any way you could.

They gave you a timid smile, laughing a little. "I won't, thanks!" you nodded, muttering under your breath.

Whistling lowly, you signaled to husk, who appeared around the corner when you whistles for him.

"So they said that he was drunk and guilty." you murmured, glaring at husk. "you couldn't have told me that yourself?"

He shrugged, taking a swig of his beer. "bar policy" You rolled your eyes, men.

He raised a freakishly long eyebrow, cocking his head. "Why're ya discouraged? Do you wanna talk with him or something?"

You shook your head sadly "I have nothing better to do. I can't remember what i used to do before him honestly" you sighed, swirling the drink you'd ordered.

Apple martini.

It reminded you of him. How pathetic.

A gust of air from the door blew at your back, and you saw Husks eyes widen, his mouth dropped a little too.

"What?" you turned around and saw Alastor and Angel dust in the doorway.

fuck.

Husk nodded to them stiffly, nudging you.
as you and Alastors eyes met, you blushed and looked away, standing up from your seat. Fixing your face with a cold glare you pursed your lips, and gave husk a thankful look.

"I best be going. Tell Angel Dust i said hi" you whispered, giving him money for the drink.

Stalking past the two, you whisked out the door without a look back.

Although you could feel all three stares boring into your neck as you walked away.

...
if any of you get the title, cool. Basically it's a reference to two lines that intersect at some point, but only at that one point. it's the best i can do
;( big oof
(1419 words)