~chapter sixteen~

Milah's POV

My eyes widened as I read the text, not knowing how to reply. Tomorrow night? That means I only have tonight and tomorrow during the day to spend with my family. Is that really what I want? To be pulled away from my family and friends, just because of some man? 

Well, my career as well. 

I bit my lip, before typing out a quick reply. 

Me: Do we have to leave that early?

Jared: Yes. 

Me: Can I tell Daisy?

Jared: Go ahead, just make sure you stick with what we agreed to share and don't say anything you'll regret. 

Me: Okay... thanks. 

I quickly shut off my phone before putting it in my back pocket and looking up at Daisy, who was looking at me with a questioning expression. 

"Who was that?" She asked, crossing her arms. 

"It was Jared." I said, huffing. It felt weird not lying for once, but I'll take any chance I have. Damn, I'm a liar. 

Her eyes widened, before shaking her head. "I'll never get used to that. What does he want?" 

I frowned, walking closer to her and crossing my arms. "Listen, Day... I love you, you know that, right?" 

She furrowed her eyebrows, but nodded her head. "Yeah, of course. What's wrong?"

"I haven't told anyone but my dad about this - and I guess my mom knows now too, but I'm not actually back." I said, sighing. Bad news was never my favorite thing to deliver. 

"What do you mean?" 

"Jared is going back to LA tomorrow night, and I'll be going with him and staying at his place." 

Her eyes widened and her lips parted in shock. "Are you serious?"

"Yeah..." 

She shook her head, before taking a step back from me. "So you're telling me that you're going to live with Jared Leto? For how long? And how are your parents allowing this?! You said it yourself, he's like a million years old!" 

"I don't know how long it's going to be right now, and who cares about this age! I-It's not like i'm sleeping with him!" I lied, my eyes widening at my small stutter. 

"Why would you even bring that up, Milah? Obviously you aren't, that's sick. I'm just saying, it's not right for you to be living with someone that you barely know, especially being that his age is basically like your dad's! Celebrity or not, I don't trust him." She said with a frown, her eyes slightly glossy with tears, which made me feel extremely guilty.