roommate 15

“Hey Chaewon,” Eunbi says into the phone as she walks into the building where her dorm is, “I just wanted to call and say I’m home now.”

“Okay, good. Sleep now unnie. I’ll see you tomorrow?”
“Of course. Goodnight.”

Eunbi is about to round the corner to get to her dorm when she spots Changbin and Chaeyeon at the end of the hallway, standing in front of the door.

“Oh, shit!” She hisses to herself before hastily pouncing back behind the wall, hoping she wasn’t seen. That would have been awkward.

She presses her back completely against the wall and just barely peeks her head out from behind it. They didn’t seem to notice. If anything, they seem to be like they’re in their own little world.

Because of how quite it is in the building, Eunbi is able to hear their conversation. If she weren’t so curious right now, she would feel guilty for creeping. But whatever.

“Thank you for taking me out tonight,” she hears Chaeyeon say, “I had a nice time with you.”

“Of course,” Changbin's manly voice makes an appearance. “It was all my pleasure.”

Suddenly things are quiet and Eunbi leans her head out again to see. They’re just standing there awkwardly, eyes looking everywhere but each other. Eunbi can’t help but to notice just how pretty Chaeyeon looks tonight. Oh and Changbin looks nice too.

“Uhm… Can I, uh.. Can I kiss you goodnight?” he asks, voice trembling with nerves as he runs the back of her neck.

Eunbi’s eyes shoot over to Chaeyeon in anticipation. She’s not saying anything, nor is she moving, Eunbi can’t help but feel a bit… glad that she’s not making a move. But all of that comes crashing down when Chaeyeon places her hands on his shoulders, stands on the tip of her toes and tilts her head up to lightly press her lips against his.

Eunbi tries with everything she has to tear her eyes away from what she is witnessing right now, but it’s like she’s completely lost control of her body and she’s forced to watch Chaeyeon kiss him. His hands move to rest on the curve of her waist and she sees his lips curve up into a small smile.

Eunbi knits her eyes angrily as she stares at what’s happening in front of her. Her heart increases rapidly and she can hear her blood pounding in her ears as nothing but pure dislike for the guy overwhelms her. She clenches her jaw and tightens her fist tightly when his hands lightly grazed the now exposed skin of Chaeyeon.

As soon as their lips break away, Eunbi regains control of her body again and she hides back behind the wall. The kiss couldn’t have lasted longer that five seconds but it felt like hours when she watched them. Why did Chaeyeon kiss him? It’s just going to leave him wanting more. And it’s not like she likes him. Right?

Now that she just saw them kiss, it bothered her. It bothered the fuck out of her. It’s unfortunate that it took overseeing a sight like that for her to finally come to terms about something she was hoping wasn’t true. It would just make things more complicated than they already are. But Eunbi is only going to be lying to herself if she doesn’t accept what is very much real.

She likes Chaeyeon.

-

“Why the fuck are feelings so messy?” Eunbi groans miserably before flopping back on Hyewon’s bed face first. She wanted to avoid Chaeyeon and Hyewon's dorm was one of the only places her roommate wasn’t familiar with. Eunbi knew that Yena and Hyewon were in their room this afternoon so she decided to pay them an impromptu visit.

The look on her face when they opened they door let them know something was up.

“Care to elaborate bit more?” Yena ask gently, placing a comforting hand on her back. “You alright?”

“No,” Eunbi answers, voice muffled by the blanket she’s lying on. “I'm upset"

“At?” Hyewon proves.

Eunbi takes a moment to think about that question. Who is she really even upset with? It kind of feels like she’s mad at the entire world, in all honesty. It’s just not her day.

“I’m not really sure if iitall comes down to one single person, but right now, I have a strong urge to bash Seo Changbin's face in.” she growls, jaw clenching at the thought of him. All she could think about was his lips on Chaeyeon’s and his hands on the skin of her waist.

“Changbin? What happened with him?” Yena questions. Fun fact: Yena and Changbin actually happen to be straddling the acquaintance/friends line.

At that point, Eunbi sits herself up so she can look at her friend individually. They are staring back at her with looks of concern on their faces. She might as well just lay it out on the table now. She’s obviously can’t confide in Chaeyeon about this considering it’s about her, so why not Hyewon and Yena?

“I…” Eunbi begins after being silent for a minute, “I like Chaeyeon"

She doesn’t know what she was expecting in terms of her friends reactions, but she damn well did not expect them to throw their hands up in the air and simultaneously should, “finally!” the way that they did.

“Wait what?” Eunbi ask incredulously. “What the hell do y’all mean ‘finally'? Did you already know?”

“Yeah!” Hyewon laughs easily. “It’s so obvious that you do. Yena and I were just waiting for you to admit it.”

Eunbi gives them both funny looks. “Define ‘obvious’.”
“You look at her like she’s the greatest thing in the entire world,” Yena explains with a smile on her face, which is  stark difference than when you practically despised her  few weeks ago. I’m not sure what happened between you guys, but the transformation of your relationship is remarkable. No one would have ever thought that you used to argue relentlessly and that you disliked each other.”

“It’s not even just that, it’s also the shift on your mood lately. I’ve noticed you guys have been spending more time lately and you’re always happy when you’re with her.”

“And you look at her the way Hyewon looks at Sakura,” Yena adds in graciously

“Wait,” Hyewon jumps in, placing a hands up, “is this why you’re mad with Changbin? Did they go out or something?”
“Yeah,” Eunbi sighs deeply, running her fingers through her hair. “yeah, they went out last night and I… saw them kissing. After that I went out on a long walk by myself because I couldn’t look at her without feeling sad.”

Yen and Hyewon gives her looks of sincere sympathy and Eunbi weakly shrugs it off. “it’s okay as long as she’s happy. I suppose.”

“I guess… I’ll just have to back off  little bit and not talk to her as much to see if my feelings for her will lessen up.”

But inside, Eunbi knows that’s bullshit. No amount of distance could keep Chaeyeon off of her mind.