Chapter 9

I woke up with King Maven next to me. I smiled to myself and had a red servant bring me my dressing gown. The gown was a dark red that faded down to an orange and then a yellow. The dress had black beading all over it that was heavy at the bottom and then worked its way up to the top, gradually fading down.

'This must have been made to match Maven's outfit,' I thought. I nodded at the young girl and she left the room. I got out of the bed and frowned. I knew that I couldn't lay in bed all day. I would be ruling with Maven sooner rather than later.

I got ready then called a red servant back into the room to do my makeup.

After the makeup was done, the servant said, "King Maven is requesting your presence in the dining hall." I nodded and flashed a small smile at her. A little insanity was thrown in there just to scare her. Her brown eyes grew wide as she noticed it and hurried out of the room.

That's is when King Maven started to wake. He looked at me and smiled.

"That is a beautiful gown." He said to me.

"Thank you your majesty." I said, smiling at him.

We both went down to the dining hall and enjoyed the most beautiful breakfast. It consisted of eggs, bacon, and bacon. It tasted delicious. After breakfast was when Maven and I started to discuss my coronation.

"I believe you should wear a black and red gown to represent your new colors, but a tiara with your colors on it." He said to me.

"That sounds perfect." I said smiling at him.