Chapter Twenty-Five

Emily's POV

"Come here, I want to show you something," Sebastian told me as he took my hand and led me out of the room. 

We walked outdoors to the very back of the palace where my eyes fell upon a luxury swimming pool surrounded by different roses with different colors. Some of the petals floated around in the pool of water and it looked like a spa rose-bath was awaiting.

"This was my mom's favorite place in this palace. She use to come here to think or just to get away from everything."

"It's beautiful," I replied, and it really was.

"She designed it herself and she planted the roses. She loved roses." His eyes twinkled as he spoke. 

He must really miss his mom. I can't imagine what I'd do without my mother, without being able to call her on the phone to hear her voice and her cheerfulness.

"She's in a better place," I said to comfort him.

"Yeah. I do believe so."

We walked over to two lounge chairs and sat down with a heavy silence. I knew he had a lot on his mind, especially about the baby, but I refused to ask him about it unless he wanted to talk more about it.

"How about a bath?" he suggested after five minutes.

"Okay, but I didn't walk with a swimwear, or even a towel."

"I'll get the towels, and you can get in with your underwear. No one comes here, not even my father. This area belongs to only me." He got off the chair and I took my clothes off, revealing my black lace bra and panties.

Putting my feet in first, I got into the pool. The water was surprisingly very warm, and it felt like all of my problems were being melted away instantly. I needed just this.

"You're enjoying yourself, aren't you?" Princess Naomi's voice preceded her as my eyes caught her standing, hands on her hips, with her eyes locked to me.

"Why are you here?" I asked from the pool.

"What does he see in you that he cannot see in me? There's nothing unique or amazing about you. You're just a leech who wobbled here to suck his life away, but I'm not about to just sit around and let that happen!"

I had had just about enough. I got out of the pool, dripping wet, and came face-to-face with her. "Look, I know you don't like me, but that's okay. If I were you, I wouldn't like me either, but it's not my fault that Sebastian's more attached to me. He and I have history together. I'm no stranger to him."

"But you are to me, the kingdom and its people. Do you realize that if Sebastian gets married to you that you'll have to rule the people? I'm sure you'll suck at that."

"You have lots in common with the King. You're both stuck up, judgmental—" 

I didn't finish my statement because I was slapped across the face by Naomi. I was stunned. My hand held my cheek as the area ached.

"Naomi! What the hell?!" I heard Sebastian's voice from behind me. He held my waist as he stood protective in front of me, blocking Naomi from my vision altogether.

"She attacked me!" she lied.

"Why are you here? No one is allowed here except me, and I didn't invite you here! Why can't you get it through your thick skull that I don't love you? I don't want to be with you, and I'll never get married to you. Go back to your sorry excuse of a country and find someone there who'll love you because I DON'T!" He shot at her and tears flooded her eyes. 

She scurried away as quick as she could, leaving us alone again.

"Let me see," Sebastian calmly said as he removed my hand from my slapped cheek. "It's a bit swollen."

"It's fine. Let's just get back into the pool."

"How are you this calm? The Emily I knew would have skinned her alive then tossed her remains into the pool."

I laughed, and after bathing with Sebastian, and making out with him more times I can count, the swelling and ache from my cheek disappeared.

__________

I was waiting for Sebastian in my bedroom. He had promised me a full body massage at midnight and it was was exactly that. 

A soft knock came and I tiptoed quietly to the door.

He walked in with a small golden bottle and a proud smile on his face.

"Strip," he said simply and bit his bottom lip. 

I slowly slipped off my silk night gown, standing only in my panties. Without a word, he lifted me up and took me into the bedroom. I rolled onto my stomach and he got to work, using the sweet scented oil over my backside.

"My mom made this. Well, she didn't make this exact one, but it is her recipe for a massage."

"What's in it?" 

He loved talking about his mother and I wanted him to feel comfortable to bring her up whenever he liked.

"Rosemary, aloe, caster oil, peppermint and eucalyptus oil, and, of course, her favorite, rose petals for fragrance."

"It smells so lovely."

"I wish she was still here. I miss her. She would have loved you so much if she was here."

I turned to him, pulling myself upwards and kissed him. I gave him a massage.

The following morning, as early as the birds, loud knocking woke us. I covered myself in my robe as Sebastian got his clothes off the floor. I went for the door and the King burst in.

"Why am I not surprised Sebastian? Breaking the rules is your strong suit! Get yourself fully cleaned up and dressed! The Queen of England is coming today for your wedding— tomorrow!"

He left.

Oh dear Lord, not again.