she quickly wiped her tears and unlocked the window.

"hello love," george climbed through the window and sat beside her on the bed. "what's the matter?"

she sniffled and wiped another tear. "my mother," she spat. george nodded and swallowed hard. "my bloody mother,"

george didn't know what to do, so he just put an empathetic arm around her. "would you like to talk about it?"

"no, not with you. no offense, but you wouldn't understand..." molly wiped her tears away once more. "what are you doing here, anyway?" she turned to face him.

"i wanted to pop in and say hi..." he sighed. "i was around the area and i saw your light on. i brought your favourite candy and a flower,"

george gave her a small container full of molly's favourite candies and a lily. she instantly cheered up, taking the flower and candy.

"oh george, thank you!" she hugged him tightly while clutching the flower. "you know me too well..."

the two spent the rest of the evening chatting and eating candies— molly even allowed george to have some of her candy.

                                         *

friday couldn't come soon enough for paul.

it seemed the days took longer and longer the more he noticed. it was almost his birthday, too. only five more days... then he'd be sixteen!

molly was only fifteen and george the same. molly would be sixteen on the first of july. george had only just turned fifteen in february.

on the friday he was to see molly, he'd done all the prepping he could; making sure everyone was out of the house by eight o'clock, doing his hair just right and showering.

around seven pm, molly was doing her hair, paul taking his second shower. they were going to walk the short distance to his house, and it was the perfect weather.

by the time eight o'clock came round, everyone was out of paul's house and molly was ready to avoid her mother while going downstairs.

she wore a plain yellow dress that was pretty low cut. it showed her almost non-existent chest. though, through the years, she was able to say they had gotten a bit bigger. lucky for her, paul wasn't very picky.

tick.

a small rock was thrown at molly's window. she gave him a thumbs up and ran as fast as she could downstairs without her mother noticing.

she let out a giant exhale as the door closed behind her. "fancy seeing you here," she greeted paul.

he shot her a charming smile. "you look ravishing!" he complimented her dress and hair.

"as do you," molly said. "where we off to, then?"

paul put an arm around her waist and guided her down the sidewalk. "we'll be dining at the mccartney residence tonight, dear." he said to her as they walked. he wore his classic leather jacket and jeans.

paul had set up a table for the two of them for the night. it contained plates and cups, with leftover spaghetti and bread from the dinner his father made.

"here we are," paul pulled the chair out for her to sit down.

"wow, paul... this is all so amazing!" molly exclaimed as she sat down. "you did all this for me?"

"why, of course!"

she sat across from him and admired the silverware. he sat down and lit one of the candles on the table with a grin.

"spaghetti, my favourite!" molly took her spoon and began twirling a piece of spaghetti around it. "how'd you know?" she asked.

paul laughed. "just guessed," he replied. "cheers!"

paul held up his glass for a cheer. molly clinked his against hers and sipped along with him.

"so tell me, molly," she nodded, waiting for him to go on. "do you have a lot of hobbies other than listening to music?"

molly laughed with an eye roll. "you know, you should know this since i've known you for almost four years,"

"we don't talk too often, though," paul slurped his spaghetti.

"less often than we should..." molly mimicked his actions by slurping her spaghetti. "yes. i actually do a lot of other things than just listening to songs," she chuckled. "i like watching reading books, watching television... eduardo bought us a fancy new set last week,"

"eduardo buys you a bunch of stuff, doesn't he?" paul asked after he took a sip of soda.

"well, not me. my mother. i'm not allowed to use the one he bought," molly replied disappointedly.

"oh... well, if you ever want to experience television at a slower pace, come over here," paul joked. "what type of movies do you watch?"

"i quite like horror films, actually. like 'i was a teenage werewolf', 'night of the demon', stuff like that," molly answered.

"'night of the demon'? i've just bought that movie! why don't we watch it tonight?" paul quickly said. molly wiped her face and smiled.

"alright! say, do you like books?" molly asked in return.

"yeah," paul said skeptically.

"what's your favourite?" she pushed.

he took a big forkful of spaghetti to momentarily avoid the question and think of a book— any book. think, paul. think! he just couldn't think of anything. a solid ten seconds passed as he thought.

"erm... probably... 'the catcher in the rye'," he said, feeling accomplished. molly nodded, sipping her soda.

"what's your favourite chapter?" molly asked. she could tell he didn't even now the book, let alone one of the chapters.

then he began to panic.

"probably... chapter thirty," he said, trying hard not to show his nervousness.

"hmm," she hummed. "that's odd,"

"why?" paul asked with a glint of amusement.

"i could've sworn there were only twenty-six chapters..."