The Thirteenth Year

Start from the beginning

“What?” I shouted but the doorbell rang. “Hold on,” I walked to the door and I heard Sam say something before hanging up;

“Or you know, a minute,”

So when I opened the door:

“AH-HH-H-HH-HH-H-HH!” I quickly hugged her and she was laughing at me. Her arms were tight around me and I just held on. “You’re here, thank God.”

“Do you really think I won’t be? Come on, Diane, my best friend’s wedding is one of the most important days of my life!”

“Thank you so much!” I let her go and we went inside to discuss and finalize the wedding details.

“I cannot believe you are getting married on the sixteenth.” She says in such a tone of amusement that I can’t help but sigh.

“I know. It’s gone by so fast. I can’t believe it’s even happening.” We sat by the wide window and just talked for hours.

At the late hour, I decided to show her the wedding gown that had been finalized. Of course she chose the dress with me but I had some modifications done. And when she finally saw it, I flinched at the shriek that broke out in our home.

I heard the door bang open and footsteps approaching to the bedroom.

“Diane! Are you okay?” It was Steven! And I almost laughed. Then he saw her. “Oh. Hi, Sam,”