| 26 |

Sasha's POV

I sat on the couch of my living room, watching 'Click' with Adam Sandler.

It was nearing the end of the movie when Adam Sandler is dying in the parking lot, with his family surrounding him.

I couldn't help the tears that were streaming down my face as I shoved another spoonful of Rocky Road in my mouth.

The books weren't lying.

My hormones really are out of whack.

I was balling like a baby at Cynthia's graduation.

Now I'm crying over a movie that isn't even real.

I heard the front door open and I quickly wiped my face.

"Hey baby." Jonathan said, a smile on his face as he closed the apartment door.

"Hey babe. How was your day?" I asked him, sniffling a little.

He came over to me and wrapped me in his arms.

"Movie made you cry again?" He asked with a slight smile.

I nodded pathetically and laid my head against his chest as he ran his fingers through my hair.

I closed my eyes, in total happiness as I felt relaxed and safe in Jonathan's arms.

"My hormones are so crazy right now. Everything makes me cry." I grumbled.

"It won't be like that forever." He told me soothingly.

"It will be for another five months before the baby is born. So you're gonna have to deal with my incessant crying and crazy cravings until then." I told Jonathan with a grin.

"It's a small price to pay for the gift you're giving me." Jonathan murmured, laying is hand across my stomach.

"I love you." I whispered, looking up at Jonathan.

His eyes started to shine and it made me feel a joy I had never felt before.

"I love you Sasha." He told me.

I smiled and rested my head back against him chest as he kissed my forehead softly.

The front door slammed open and I jumped as Cynthia came marching into the apartment.

Jonathan rubbed my arm softly, trying to get my breathing back to normal.

"It's okay baby." He told me softly.

I nodded, taking in a deep breath.

"Sorry Sash. Didn't mean to scare you." Cynthia said apologetically.

"It's okay. Old habits die hard." I replied.

Jonathan kissed my forehead and stood up, pulling his sister into a tight hug.

"How's it going sis?" He asked her.

"Good. Just missed Sasha, wanted to spend some time with her." She said with a grin.

I smiled and stood up.

Cynthia opened her arms and hugged me tightly.

She pulled away and leaned down to my stomach, holding it in her hands.

She leaned forward and pressed a kiss to my belly, making me giggle softly.

"How are you doing baby?" She crooned.

"Are you driving your mommy crazy already?" She said in a baby voice.

"Yes. Making me cry at anything remotely emotional." I told her with a laugh.

She started to grin and turned to Jonathan.

"Out. Me and Sasha need girl time." Cynthia said to her brother.

He looked at me and started laughing.

I nodded and he came over to me.

He kissed me softly and then kissed Cynthia on the forehead.

He closed the door behind him.

"What's wrong?" I asked her, knowing that something was off with her.

"Tyler's been calling me at work. Real perverted stuff. Telling me he loves me and that we belong together. That Brian isn't going to get in the way of us being together. He's been calling me at work and on my cell. He's gone completely psycho." Cynthia told me in a hard and angry voice.

I suddenly felt light headed.

Tyler is coming after Cynthia?

"No. He can't. I won't let him hurt you!" I exclaimed.

"Sasha, you need to calm down okay. Tyler isn't going to do anything to me, okay. You have a baby you need to take care of. You don't need to worry about me okay? I can take care of myself, and I can handle Tyler." Cynthia told me.

"I want you to stay with me." I told her urgently.

She put her hands on my stomach and I started breathing a little more normally.

"Sasha, you can't tell anyone okay?" Cynthia told me.

"What do you mean? Of course I'm gonna tell Jonathan. He can help watch out for you." I told her.

Cynthia shook her head.

"If Jonathan knew, he would want to watch me every second. I have a job to do. And I can't do that with him with me every second. I can't let Tyler ruin my life. Not again." Cynthia told me in a soft voice.

It took me a while but I nodded slowly.

"If it gets any worse. Please tell me." I pleaded with her.

"I promise I will." Cynthia told me.

I nodded and pulled her into my arms.

I have no idea what I would do if anything happened to her.

She's been my rock for as long as I can remember.

And I'll do whatever I have to do to protect her.

Even if she hates me for it.