| 21 |

My mouth opened in shock as I stared down at Chris on the floor.

His mouth was busted open, his face and clothes were smeared with blood.

He was laying on his side, curled up in the fetal position.

"You sick son of a bitch!" I screamed.

I ran forward and landed a kick in Chris' side before I was pulled away.

"Cee, calm down." Brian said soothingly in my ear.

His arm was wrapped tight around my waist, keeping me from moving anywhere near Chris.

"Let me go, Brian! I'm gonna kill this son of bitch for what he did to Sasha!" I screamed, writhing in his arms.

"No." Brian said firmly.

"Brian,let me go!" I yelled.

"No Cynthia." Jonathan said from behind me.

Jonathan came face to face with me and his eyes were on fire.

"Jonathan." I begged as my eyes filled with tears.

He shook his head slowly, and I looked down.

Jonathan turned back around and looked down at Chris.

"You must have a fucking death wish for showing up here." Jonathan growled in a low voice.

"I came to see Sasha." Chris muttered, wiping the blood from his mouth.

"You don't have any business with Sasha.Everagain." Jonathan said, enunciating each syllable.

"Sheismy business. Iloveher." Chris spat.

"Yeah, you love her." Jonathan said, his voice full of sarcasm.

I growled at that.

"Your love was written all over her face and body when she practically crawled to my sister's house. A busted face, in need of a multiple blood transfusions, two swollen eyes, three fractured ribs and a punctured lung. Possible brain damage due to multiple head shots. Yeah, you love her. And you have such a wonderful way of showing it." Jonathan said.

Chris started laughing.

It started off as a low chuckle, and turned into a gut busting laugh.

A laugh, that chilled me to my very core.

"Sasha and I, we have a special bond. One that can't be broken. Even by a pretty boy like you. Take it from me, she loves me just as much as I love her. She'll come crawling back soon enough." Chris snickered.

"As long as I'm in her life, I'll make sure thatneverhappens." Jonathan said.

I saw a smile spread across his face and a look of confusion over took mine.

I turned to see what Jonathan was looking at, when I saw it.

It was a group of police officers, all their eyes fixed on Chris, and heading straight for him.

A grin made it's way across my face too as I went and stood next to my brother.

He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me slightly behind him.

"I always knew you'd get what was coming to you. You better hope none of the guys in jail find out you're a women beater. That doesn't usually sit too well with them." I said with a smirk.

A look of panic crossed Chris' face as he saw the officers getting closer and closer.

The officers surrounded Chris and detained him.