He shrugged lightly, curving his lips into a small scowl. "Pretty much" I placed my hands on my hips, concern and curiosity pricking my subconscious. "Well that's fucking great" I spat. "But I mean.. they said they follow Stein's ideology and their goal is to destroy heroes. This looks like a cause worth fighting for, even if it seems sketchy as hell. We'll never know unless we take the plunge" I thought out loud. His intense stare followed my movements. "So you're saying you want to go through with this?" he questioned. I curled the thin material of my shirt on my slender fingers. This was a do or die choice.

"Do you?"

"I'll go wherever you go (y/n)"

And with that we made up our minds. We were future members of The League Of Villains.

[....]

Time passed as if I was sinking in quick sand. Everyday progressed excruciatingly slow, the true weight of my choice taking a toll on me as the clock ticked by and the date came closer and closer. Everyday was spent preparing for our next move, gathering our little personal belongings and doing side tasks whenever we had the opportunity. Anxiety and adrenaline coursed my body with the opportunity and fear that was presented with the offer. I had gotten less sleep than usual, yet I didn't care.

"Why don't you try getting some sleep Witchette? I'll take care of the last few details" Dabi murmured. Ever since my snap at him for the perfume incident we had both just danced around the issue, avoiding what happened at all costs. We had more important issues do deal with. Plus, who am I to tell him who to fuck around with? It's not like I'm his..

I distanced myself from my conflicted thoughts and looked up at him. His lips pressed together in a thin line as he heaved out a disappointed sigh. "Seriously, you've been zoning out and you look fucking exhausted"

He wasn't wrong. My limbs felt annoyingly heavy and everything around me seemed to run slower than normal. My mind was running on the clutter of thoughts that clouded my mind every second when emptiness reached me. I ran a hand through my disheveled hair and shook my head. "It's fine, I'll get some sleep tonight. I need to be on top shape for tomorrow anyways"

He remained silent, a firm nod confirming he had heard me. His aqua hues flickered from me to the floor before turning to continue on his task.

"Touya" I started. The last few events had filled our moments with awkwardness and silence. I am not whom to tell him what to do. The single thought rang loudly in my head, telling me I had no right to be upset at him. The only thing I couldn't wrap my head around was why he was acting differently, almost awkwardly around me.

"Yeah?" He turned to face me. The conflict in his gaze tore my heart in half. I gestured for him to come closer. He hesitantly sat down in front of me, his stare scanning me skeptically. Memories of the crippled album, the sickening scent, the stolen kiss and the way he looked at me roamed around in my head.

"What's wrong?" I murmured. My fingertips traced small circles on his outer thigh. I didn't dare look up from what I was doing. Even though we've gone through hell and back together, I had never felt to strange about a situation, or a least I never have accepted to feeling so. My gaze lazily rested on my subtle action, my chest secretly pounding and awaiting for his reply.

His cheeks tinted a very light pink, only the soft illumination from a single blue flame resting atop his palm distinguished our hidden silhouettes. "It's nothing you should worry about Witchette" I poked his thigh with a small frown tugging on my lips. "I'm your best friend Touya. You can talk to me if you need to" I felt an instant pang of regret the moment those words clumsily tumbled from my lips out onto the open. It was almost a second nature for me to speak to him like that, yet the phrase only caused me to cringe at my own words.