Chapter 12: Epilogue

P.O.V. [Name]

I smiled as I continued to walk down the streets with Blake. She had suggested that we go to the beach today. As we were walking I felt a tug on my sleeve and looked to the side to see our daughter looking up at us. "Papa how much further is it?" She asked as she looked at me. I smiled hearing this with a slight chuckle. 

"Not to much further," I said with a smile as I reached down to pick her up and place her on my shoulders. She had unfortunately inherited both my and Blake's rather quiet personalities so the only time she ever spoke was when she wanted something. 

As I was walking she began to lean against me and rest her head on mine. I smiled as she did and continued to walk down the path with them. As I did I turned to look at Blake. She was wearing a then white see-through dress that showed her black swimsuit that was underneath, she had changed her usual black bow to a white one for the day most likely because it matched the dress she was wearing. 

Within a few minutes we arrived at the beach and I reached behind me to lift my daughter off my shoulder and place her on the ground. When I did she jumped up slightly and began switching from one foot to the other trying to avoid touching the sand. "Ouch, hot, hot, hot, hot," She repeated as she paced back and forth. 

I smiled seeing this and Blake began to make her way to the water. I found this a bit strange since she usually tried to avoid it when she could. Then again we were at the beach so maybe she felt like making an exception for the day. I smiled as I looked at her and began to walk towards her with our daughter following close behind. 

"Be careful," I said as I looked down at her. She nodded hearing this and began to splash in the water slightly I smiled seeing this and looked at Blake. "So? How is it?" I asked as I looked at the female in front of me. Blake smiled seeing this and looked at me. 

"It's not as fun as I thought it would be, but it's still nice," She said as she looked at me. I smiled hearing this and nodded as I looked at the female in front of me. I smiled hearing this and turned to look at our daughter to make sure that she was still okay. I became a bit more relieved seeing that she was okay and once again turned back to Blake. 

"You know you worry to much," Blake said as she looked at me. I sighed hearing this and nodded. 

"I know, I just . . . it helps me relax," I said as I looked at the female in front of me. Blake chuckled slightly hearing this and looked at me. 

"Like I said you worry to much. She may not want to be a huntsman like us, but she's still smart enough to take care of herself," Blake said as she looked at me. I smiled hearing this and watched as she began to walk towards me. 

"I know, but sometimes I can't help but think about what might happen if we're not around to help her," I said as I looked at the female in front of me. 

"Well you know what I think?" Blake asked as she moved much closer her face just a few inches from mine. Before I could answer I felt a pressure on the back up my leg and fell down into the water. "I think you're getting a bit rusty," Blake said as she looked at me. 

I smiled hearing this, I'll admit I was a bit irritated but it's nice to see that she can still surprise me even after all these years. I then put my hand in the water and used my semblance to cause a large wave to form and completely drench her. She looked at me a bit irritated hearing this and I smiled as I looked at her. 

"Mama, papa! Look what I found," I heard a familiar voice call out behind us. I turned to see what she had found and saw that she was holding a purple shell as she did. "Isn't it pretty!" She said as she turned to look at it. "I want to find some more and then make a necklace," She said with a smile as she once again looked at me. 

"Can you hold this for me?" She asked as she looked at me and I nodded with a smile. 

"Of course I can," I said with a smile as reached for the shell only to have her pull it away in a slightly defensive manner. 

"Before I give it to you, you have to promise not to lose it. Okay?" She asked as she looked at me. I smiled hearing this and nodded. Sometimes it was easy to forget that she was still just a kid. 

"Of course," I said as I held my hand up and placed another above my heart. "I promise," I said as I looked at her. She smiled hearing this and gave me the shell as she did before she turned and began to look in the water for more shells. I heard Blake walk behind me after she did and I stood up to look at her. 

As I did she took my hand and smiled as she looked at me. "Come on, we still got the whole day ahead of us to enjoy," Blake said as she began to walk towards a small treat stand dragging me behind her as she did. I smiled hearing this and nodded and turned back to once again make sure that our daughter was still safe and sound. I still find it a bit hard to believe that someone like me managed to get lucky enough to have someone like them in my life.