The Cybernetic Reaper

Letting go of external resources

Death Count Rises to 23 Million as Cybernetic Reaper Gains Dominance over Florida

It has been three weeks since the government declared the federal emergency that led us all to the bunkers we quarter today.

On December 16th, Kuzlo CEO Justin Wayland released an announcement that Kuzlo has been working closely with the military to advance America's technological warfare. A robot, namely the Cybernetic Reaper, was produced with maximum defense and firepower capabilities that exceeded every weapon modern science had to offer. In Wayland's announcement, he made clear the devastating tragedy that the Cybernetic Reaper had become fully self-aware, which was never their intention.

Wayland proceeds to assure the world that a virus is being constructed to shut the powerful machine down. The 48-year-old has been known to achieve miraculous feats in his lifetime, having won the Arizona lottery on twelve different occasions for a complete net gain of $4.2 billion. He used his earnings to start-up Kuzlo and in the fifteen years his company has been standing, Kuzlo is responsible for preventing seven different terrorist attacks across the globe.

I always wanted to have a ridiculous amount of cash. People would say that money didn't bring happiness, and I believed it but I wanted to fully experience what exactly it was that they were talking about.

When I turned eighteen I was living alone with my divorced father, only seeing my mother once a year on Christmas. I was living a decently fulfilling life at the time but was at a standstill of what I wanted to do with my future.

On the night of my eighteenth birthday, my future visited me. I went into bed like I would any other night, but right when I started to relax, my bedroom light flickered back on to my horror. I looked up and saw a man had pulled the light switch from the ceiling fan- a familiar looking man. His familiarity calmed my terrified nerves.

It was me. This was the first instance my future-self had visited me and would spend as much time as he felt necessary before returning to the future. At first, he came with lottery numbers, then he came with networking information, and as the years passed he has helped me become the modern day Bruce Wayne I am known as today. Personally, I preferred the Tony Stark comparison but people seemed to like the Batman one.

It was the day before my forty-ninth birthday, and I was getting anxious. It appeared my work was destroying the world quite literally. I knew how dangerous the Reaper could get, but my greed caused me to keep advancing. I stopped caring about the money years ago; lately, I just wanted the legacy.

But if I don't get information soon, it appears I may have destroyed the world.

My birthday was like any other day- I traipsed through my office not sharing the news with anyone, hoping nobody would make a deal out of it. I needed to find an answer. A virus.

That night I awaited my future self, but when I lay in bed in the dark I started to feel the crushing possibility that this year I may not be rescued. The next thing I knew the morning came, confirming my future-self had bailed on me when I needed him most.

I spent the next couple of days in defeat until I realized who I was. I was the person who got me where I was, and I was the person who made that robot. That person in the future, whom I relied upon, was me.

My team was able to create a virus to manipulate the Reaper's processes. During its vulnerability, we were able to finally deactivate its power and destroy the machine.

Kuzlo was eventually the first company in the history of the universe to invent time-travel. I altered the universe to save the 23 million people from my destructive discoveries. I was able to speak with my future self, and he told me why he bailed on me.

He knew I wasn't living to my full potential, but instead relying upon external resources to solve problems. He knew that I was capable of saving the world, and I was right.