2. Moving In So Slow

Start from the beginning

"Well that was quite a welcoming." I say with little enthusiasm.

"I know I just missed you!" I roll my eyes and walk to the living room where she's now occupying my black leather couch.

"You saw me yesterday." I say walking past her to the stairs.

"Where are you going?" I turn just a slight and face her.

"Going to change, we gotta leave soon and I still have to shower."

I continue to walk up stairs and soon hear the tapping of her heels following me to my room, I open the door and walk to the bathroom to start the shower.

It never used to be this way, me and Jessica, we used to be really close. Anything that happened she'd be the first person I'd tell, we'd spend days and nights together when I was off tour, now, I want nothing more than to be alone.

Don't get me wrong I love her like I've said before, but the connection, chemistry, it's not there anymore. I no longer feel myself wanting to call her for every little thing, or just spend the day with her. I noticed that when I'd start making up reasons why I couldn't hang out. But things happen for a reason right?

I think back to this morning when I met Arianna, a smile quickly appears on my face thinking of hers. I can't help but wonder what she's doing.

-Arianna-

Sean called and said he'd be working late again tonight, which really means he's going to the bar after work and is gonna get drunk then come home and make my life hell.

What am I still doing here? I don't know what happened, it's like as soon as Jaime dropped me off something inside of me changed and told me that I deserve so much better.

I look at the clock and it reads six fifteen, I grab my phone and call my best friend Spencer, I need help with this.

"Yello!" I laugh at my best friends attempt to be funny.

"You're really the weirdest person I know!"

"Yeah but you still seem to be friends with me so that's only your fault." We both laugh,

"What's up girl, speak to me." She asks and I immediately get to the point.

"I'm leaving." With just those two words she starts to freak out.

"Oh my gosh! It's about damn time! Pack your shit I'm going to get you!"

She quickly hangs up and I run to my room and grab my suitcase from under our bed and unzip it, quickly grabbing things from our closet and my dresser and throwing shirts and jeans in there not even bothering to make it neat, I needed out of here.

Pounding at the door breaks my concentration from packing and I make my way to the front door, and as soon as I open it my best friends arms are quickly wrapped around me.

"I can't believe this is finally happening." She says into the crook of my neck.

I simply nod and pull away from her. "Come on we gotta hurry, he'll probably be home soon."

We head to my room and she helps me pack the rest of my things into some of my backpacks and a duffle bag that Sean never uses anymore. When we finally finish we make it over to the door and I take in my surroundings one more time, a tear I never knew I was holding back lightly falls down my cheek.

As much as I hated this place, it was once my home and did once contain good memories, but those memories soon vanished as I felt someone's hand touch my shoulder, I look around me and see Spencer smiling a sympathetic smile.

"This is what's best for you Ari, you need this." I let out a sigh and nod turning around to face her.

"Okay lets go."

I close the door and make my way to her car opening the passenger door and climbing in shutting it behind me and buckling my seat belt. We start to make our way to her apartment, and just when I thought things were going good tonight, it got better when I received a text.

Jaime: Hey pretty lady!

A smile swept over my face.

Me: Hey you! :)

Jaime: What's up?! What are you doing?

Me: Going to a friends, how's your moms party?

Jaime: Oooh sounds like a slumber party, did my invite get lost in the mail? :( It's going great she loved her cake btw!

Me: Hmm something like that haha, sorry I swear I sent it, most have gotten lost, sorry next time kiddo. And yay! I'm glad she did :D

Jaime: I'm not a kid, I'm a man! I'll be sure to wait by the mailbox next time. Yeah she asked where I got it and she said she'll have to start going there for future baking goods!

Me: Lol what a weirdo, but awesome like I said I'm glad she liked it.

I'm pulled out of my conversation by Spencer snapping her fingers at me.

"Whoa what?" I look at her confused.

"Dude you're like gleaming at your phone right now, who are you talking to?" We begin to pull into her apartment parking garage as I look at her.

"Oh I forgot to tell you!" She looks to me with her eyes furrowed together as to say go on.

"Jaime Preciado came into my shop today." I look at her with a huge smile.

She immediately stomps on the breaks making me jerk forward glad that I put on that seatbelt. "WHAT!?"

She looks at me with wide eyes, I was scared they'd pop out of her eyelids. I start to laugh.

"Yeah! He needed a cake for his mom's birthday and we exchanged numbers."

She finally parks her car in the garage, "Oh my gosh!" She punches my arm.

"Ow what was that for!?" She laughs.

"That's for not telling me sooner!"

I laugh and open the door and go to the trunk to wait for her to open it. She opens it and walks over to me, "Lucky bitch." She whispers and starts to laugh.

"So what was he telling you to make you smile that much?"

I grab my stuff with her help and smile,

"Nothing, just saying that his mom like the cake and is mad that he wasn't invited to our sleepover."I giggle putting air quotes around the word "sleepover".

She and I make it to her apartment and set my stuff in the spare bedroom that she insisted on getting incase I "came to my senses" as she would always say. She even furnished it with a bed and vanity. I sit on the bed and pat the spot next to me telling her to come sit, once she does I lean my head on her shoulder.

"Thank you." she nudges my head and I look at her.

"For what?" She says tilting her head.

"For always being here and never leaving me no matter how stupid my decisions were." She smiles and gets up turning to look at me.

"That's what best friends are for silly. Come on I just got some ice cream and cake, oh and some wine. We're having a girls night."With that she walks out of the room.

"Okay let me just change."

I go through my things grabbing some comfortable clothes and changing into them. I grab my phone and see that Jaime responded.

Jaime: Me too, so when can I take you out to thank you for earlier?

I look to the side and think.

Me: Hmm idk, how about Tuesday?

Jaime: Sounds good, I gotta go and finish this party but I'll text you later beautiful.

I smile and I feel my cheeks get hot as a blush rises to them, is this really happening?