"Why?"

"You would get more experience that way. The more experience you get, the more candies you would get when you come back here, young master." Raf explained.

"Lambo wants the biggest lollipop and ice cream ever."

"Sure. Lambo, only if you promise me one thing." He ruffled his grandchild's hair affectionately.

The little boy blinked.

"Never let the bazooka fall into anyone's hand. Stay close to Reborn and his student, would you?"

"Okay. Pinkie promise."

"Pinkie promise."

Another round of explosion echoed through the tunnel. This time, it sounded closer.

"Raf, go with him."

"What?! But, boss, I-" He cut himself off upon receiving a sharp gaze from his boss. "Fine. Young master, let's go."

"Take care, Lambo."

"Un. Lambo would take care. Grandpa takes care too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Bovino don immediately destroyed the part of the exit as soon as Raf and Lambo were out of sight.

So, this is how Lambo is going to meet the Vongola decimo.

When he first found out that Lambo became the lightning guardian of Vongola decimo ten years in the future, he was sceptical because Bovino was not part of Vongola alliance. Why and how on Earth did Lambo managed to get the position.

Yet, he also has seen the content and happy look on the fifteen years old Lambo. And it was all that matter.

It was just that he didn't expect he would have to let his only grandchild go this soon. Lambo was too young for this.

The sound of guns cocking made him snapped out from his thought.

His eyebrows rose in shock as he came face to face with the leader of the enemies that attacked his headquarter. "You-"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raf gazed between his young master and the Bovino headquarter repeatedly. He bit his lips in contemplation. As expected, his responsibility as the Bovino mist guardian came first. He couldn't just leave his boss like that. He recalled the brief meeting with the fifteen years old Lambo when the young master first used the ten year bazooka.

If it was any indication, it meant that young master managed to survive this and meet the Vongola heir. So, young master should be fine even he goes alone, right?

"Young master, you're a smart independent boy. Can...... can you go for your mission by yourself? I need to go help your grandpa."

"Grandpa needs help?"

"Yes."

"Then, go help grandpa. Lambo is fine by himself." The boy flashed Raf a big grin.

"You have such a kind soul, young master." He nicked his thumb and placed a drop of blood on the small paper doll that he took out from his pocket.

"Young master, just follow this paper doll and you'll get to Reborn." He pointed at the paper doll which was now floating in the mid-air.

"Okay, bye bye, Raf."

He ruffled the afro hair in response. May God bless you, young master.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lambo might be smart and independent for his age, but he was still a child after all. His attention span was still of a normal five years old kid. All it took was a colourful butterfly flying passed him for him to lost focus on the paper doll and followed the said flying creature.

He was chasing after that butterfly when he bumped into someone and fell down. He was instantly being cradled by a lady in amethyst hood.

"I'm sorry, does it hurt?" The voice was soft and angelic.

Lambo's eyes widened. "Are you an angel?"

Combined with the light glow that seemed to surround the figure, it was no wonder that Lambo thought she was an angel.

The lady smiled melancholically. "You're such a sweet boy, aren't you?" She prodded at Lambo's nose, making him giggle. "Would you like to see a magic?"

"Yes! Lambo loves magic!"

"Then, close your eyes and imagine the place where you want to be. You'll be there in an instant."

Lambo nodded fervently and promptly closed his eyes.

Alright, let's bring you to your family now.

TBC

A/n: I know this chapter is quite short but this chapter mainly serves to let you guys know that I didn't abandon this story but I won't be able to update for at least two months due to my busy schedule.