***

In a forestry area in the outskirts of the village, Kotomi noticed that same crow had followed her. It landed on her arm, having a familiar sharingan. Grunting at the sight, Kotomi just stared at the crow. "How..? I thought Nii-san was..?"

All of a sudden, she heard a familiar voice in her head. "If you're hearing this, that means I'm already dead."

Thinking she was going crazy, Kotomi looked all around her. "Nii-san? Where are you?"

"I used the remaining amount of my chakra to pass this message onto you."

"Message? What message?"

"There was a chance that Sasuke would find out the truth after my death, and take it the wrong way. For that, I need you to do this favor."

Knowing that it was an automated message that Itachi left in his crow before his death, Kotomi still asked this like she was directly talking to him. "What favor?"

"Find Sasuke. Go to him, and prevent him from destroying the village."

Kotomi grunted. "Why would he..?" She knew that he just said that he would take it the wrong way if he found out the truth, but it was all just a big facepalm. "Well... I can see why he would."

The crow flew away high in the sky after the message was passed onto her. She looked at the sky, pondering to herself. She knew that if she left the village without permission, she would be labeled as a rogue ninja. The people would think that they were right about her following in her brothers' footsteps. But that didn't matter. In order to protect the village, she had to find her brother.

***

Setting off without anyone noticing, Kotomi rushed out of the village. It hurt her not to tell anyone that she was setting off on her own. But she had to leave without word, for the sake of the village and her eldest brother's wishes.

Kotomi was surprised that she didn't even run into enemies on the way. It was too quiet and easy. It was a breeze just rushing through the trees, but she still kept her guard up.

Knowing that she was out of the land of fire, Kotomi had arrived at an area that was an open field. Nothing but flat land and sand all around. She had no idea where to go from here, not having a clue of where Sasuke might even be. But she wasn't going to give up. She wouldn't rest until she finds him.

***

About a couple days has passed, Kotomi was still trying to find Sasuke. She arrived in some village that had a bunch of restaurants and shops. It was peaceful yet rowdy since there were so many people from all over the lands gathered here.

Sasuke couldn't possibly be in a place like this. Maybe he passed by, but not knowing when he was here last. Passing through the people, Kotomi continued her search for her brother.

Somewhere outside of that village, Kotomi was rushing through the trees. Up ahead, she saw a group of four walking on the dirt path. Squinting her eyes, she grunted at the sight. She knew that duckbutt hair anywhere. But who were these people he was with?

Kotomi let out a sigh. "Finally... I found him." Though she didn't know how to approach him. Should she just appear in front of him? But that would mean the people he's with would attack her. What if she followed them where they were going? But that would mean they would find out eventually. She was really in a bind.

In the end, Kotomi decided to just sneak in the trees while following them wherever they were going. She had to keep her distance, but she also had to get close enough to not lose track of them. This was going to be tricky, she had a bad feeling this was not going to end well.