Chapter 1

Belle sighed as she slid down the door. She just though out Gaston after he tried to propose to her. She got up and walked out the back to feed the animals, singing a song about how she wished to leave. Maybe, when her father came back after winning the fair, they could move. She sighed once more, sitting on a hill and watched the sun go down. 

"Why can't he give up and find someone else?" Belle asked out loud. She stood, seeing how the stars and moon lit her way back. She sat on the couch, continuing her book but her mind was else where. 

'Maybe I can make him go after someone else?' She thought but quickly waved it away, seeing as she would have to spend time with him then. She thought of other things but the one that stuck was the most simple one. Ignore him. She smiled at that, placing her book down and went up stairs, getting ready for bed. 

~With Gaston~ 

Gaston was sitting alone at his home. He had just finished cleaning his gun when his mind turned to Belle. Why didn't she like him? He was the best, no, the best of the best! 

"What am I doing wrong!" Gaston shouted. He had shown her his gun, but she didn't seem interested. He had given her game to cook for them both, but she only looked distrusted and made him leave with it, and now he had just asked her to marry him but she said no. He then just got an idea. 

"All the things I did, anyone would have loved, but not her. Maybe...Maybe if i get her things and show her things that she likes..." He said out load before losing his thoughts. He sighed and leaned his head back, staring at his ceiling. He was thinking of his next hunting trip and maybe if Belle would like to go. He shook his head. 

"No, all she does is...is..." He started before jumping up. 

"I know! I will get her a book!" Gaston yelled proudly. He looked at as the sun was already gone, meaning the book store was closed. He growled but went up to his bed and laid down. He would just have to beat Belle there tomorrow so he could get her one.