Chapter 4

As soon as I stepped out of the car, I felt something tackle me to the ground and started licking me profusely. "EW! MARCELLE WHAT IS THIS THING?" I yelled, trying my hardest to get out of the grasp of the massive dog. "Timber! Get off of her!" An older sounding man ran over to me and grabbed the dog by the collar and yanked it off of me. "I'm so sorry about her, she likes you" The man says as Marcelle leant me a hand. I got up and dusted myself off. "Doesn't that THING have a leash?" I spat at him, looking at the slobber and mud scattered all over my new yellow dress.

I heard their front door slam and saw a woman running towards us. She was a beautiful older lady. I guess she's my mom. I felt my lips began to crease into a smile as she came toward me in an embrace. I gladly hugged her back, enjoying the feeling of human touch. "You are even prettier in person!" She exclaimed as she stepped back, admiring me. The man helped Marcelle with my bags and we walked to their house.

As I stepped inside, a maid rushed over to me and started guiding me somewhere. I looked over to Marcelle and she gave me a 'I don't know, just follow her' look and I nodded and turned around to follow her. As we were walking upstairs I was just admiring all of the artwork and the glamorous details all throughout the house. I glanced in a room because the door was open and I saw what appeared to be a boys room. I must have a brother. I knew this was all just to good to be true. I probably have a rotten little brother who picks his nose and wipes his boogers everywhere. I grimaced just at the thought.

I followed the maid into a room. The walls were royal blue with a gold trimming and unlike the other rooms, the floors were hardwood instead of marble. The bed was a darker blue than the walls and it looked like silk. It looks heavenly. "Here are your change of clothes, Ms. Aurora" The maid said, making me turn to her and see her gesturing at the bedside table which had a simple white dress laying on it. I smiled to her and she vacated the premises, allowing for me to change.

I changed clothes and headed back downstairs, almost tripping because I was so nervous. I don't even know why I'm nervous. My mom seems to like me well enough. To be honest, I'm just freaking about the whole 'sibling' deal. I've never had a sibling and I've never cared to have one either. Life without them is much easier. There is no sharing and your guarenteed anything you ask for. But in this case, it looks like we both could have anything we ask for and more.

I walked down the stairs and was listening for their voices, listening as they got louder and louder. It sounded like they were whispering, so I stopped to listen in the doorway. "How do you think she's going to react to him?" I heard what I think was my mothers voice, whispering to the others. "I'm not sure, she's loves to be the center of attention." I heard Marcelle's voice. I let out an 'ugh' noise and started listening again. "That's what I was worried about," I hear my mother voice sounding again, 'How will I not be the center of attention?' I thought to myself as I cupped my ear to the door. I felt myself begin to lean forward and the door swung open and I fell to the floor, causing the wind to be knocked out of me.

"Oh!" My mother exclaimed as she helped me to my feet asking if I was alright. "I'm fine, I just.. couldn't figure out the um, handle on the door!" I lied, I was eavesdropping the whole time. I felt bad for lying to my parents the first time I'm actually meeting them. I don't think this is a good way to start off.

We all took a seat on the two couches around a small wooden table with a lone flower that was in a vase that was sitting on the table. The room was covered with all types of flowers that were in vases or hanging from the ceiling. It was the neatest thing I'd ever seen. I had always dreamed of living in a house with a room like this. With a whole room dedicated to something you love. That would be my favorite room. That room for me would end up just being a library I suppose. I know I seem stuck up and stupid at school, but I'm really just a bookworm who doesn't actually like meeting new people, but new characters in a book, and transforming into that character. I guess I've read one too many teen issues books.

"So Aurora, I am so happy that I can actually get the chance to be your mother now, I truly am sorry that I had to let go of you." Her voice was muffled and stiff. I guess now is the pour your heart out moment. Except, I don't do that. I mean, I would, but i can't. My emotions are hidden deep inside me. I don't let them out. I keep them in, and that's where they stay. As a queen bee, i can't be crying all the time or letting anything whatsoever get to my head. So I never cry. Ever.

"Well actually.. about that.. I'm a little confused," I stated, looking at the rose that was in the vase on the table and staring it down. It reminded me of The Beauty and the Beast. I gulped and began speaking again, "I mean, your obviously wealthy," I gestured my hands around there house. She began to laugh and then started explaining. "Well actually, I wasn't always wealthy, our family had some money coming in after..." She trailed off. 'After what?!' I thought to myself. What is the big secret everyone is keeping from me?