4 - Mother...

4 - Mother...

“You’re still in school?” You nodded. “But… aren’t you… eighteen?” You shook your head.

“I’m sixteen, Mr. Cosimo.” He raised an eyebrow. To be fair, he had absolutely no information about his fiance besides a last name and an address. His father had said nothing about her being his age, either.

“Um… okay… I’ll… I’ll pick you up from your school then. What academy are you attending?”

“Goding City Public High.” He mentally smacked himself. Of course you’d be attending a plebe school. You were acting like a regular person. It was to be expected.

“Okay,” he said. “I will pick you up then after you school day is over and we shall interview each other.”

“Okay. Bye.” You just wanted this creep to get out of your life as quickly as possible. You had a bath bomb begging to be used and a pair of comfy pajamas waiting. You closed the door as Kat brought out a 2lt bottle of soda from the fridge.

“This calls for a celebration!” he exclaimed. You wanted to slap your brother so hard, his future generations would feel it. That night, you spent maybe an hour or so scolding him and yelling at him to get a job for fuck’s sake.

It was dark outside when you were finally in the bathtub, sighing in relief. Angel returned to his hotel suite, where a bottle of champagne and a surround sound movie system waited to be used.

With a bubbling glass of champagne, he raised it in the empty hotel suite. His bodyguards had retreated to their own rooms. They had the next day off, as well. He wanted to learn about the woman he was expected to live the rest of his life with alone.

Was it too late to just kill himself? He’d rather die than marry you.

But to be fair, the agreement never said he wasn’t allowed to have affairs. It was only fair that you’d have your affairs as well. It’d be an okay agreement. You’d never have to actually see each other after you had a baby. You were expected to have an heir, after all. But after the kid was born you’d never have to see each other again.

With that thought in mind, he kinda just wanted to get a ring on your ringer and a baby in your belly as soon as possible. But then again, you were sixteen and without guardian consent it was illegal.

So, he’d just have to deal with you until you were pregnant and he could send you to live in some other home halfway around the world. Once the kid was born, Angel would take the kid, pay you to just take care of him sometimes.

No child should grow up without a mother in their life.

Speaking of mothers, Angel’s phone began ringing on the nightstand as he changed into his silken pajamas. He groaned and stood up to grab the ringing phone. The image flashing on the screen told him that it was his mother, Mrs. Corinna Cosimo. Angel rolled his eyes and answered the phone in a cold tone.

“Mother,” he said.

“My darling dearest sweetheart baby boy Angel!” shrieked the woman on the other end. Angel rolled his eyes.

“What do you want, Mother?”

“Well, honey buns, I have a new fashion line coming up soon, and I need you to contact that one girl. What was her name? Um… Malaya?” Angel rolled his eyes and groaned, pinching the bridge of his nose.

“Mother, you have her number. And you hate her. Why did you really call?”

“Fine! You got me. That’s my genius baby boy! Anyway, Hans called and said you had found your wife! So, I figured, as a Mommy-Daughter bonding experience, she could totally style my next line-”

“Mother, you won’t want that. She’s hideous and useless.”

“Now, Angel. That is no way to speak of your future wife-”

“Mother, I don’t want to marry her. She is really, really useless. I hate her already, and she hates me.”

“Then you must use all of your charm to win her over. If she’s in love with you, she will be obedient. If she is obedient, you can tolerate her more effectively. Understood?” Angel groaned.

“Yes, Mother.”

“Good. I shall meet my future daughter in law soon enough. Your father wants you to bring her for our family meeting soon. Are we clear?

“Yes, Mother. I must retire now.”

“Okay. Sweet dreams, my sweetest Angel!” She hung up the phone and Angel sighed.