He grinned, his eyes gaining an unmistaken glint to them as his excitement grew, unable to sleep because of it. He was half tempted to just go to the professor's laboratory and wait outside the door, but he knew that his mother wouldn't even leave him out of his sight until he was certified as a Pokémon trainer by the professor.

"Ash! Go to bed!" A feminine voice was heard from the outside of his room, making Ash freeze in slight fear. His mother was a woman in whom nobody wanted as an enemy, not even the mightiest of Pokémon would survive her anger if directed at them.

"Yes mother..." Ash sighed in defeat. Even though he was still excited to become a Pokémon Trainer, he didn't want to make his debut cut off before it could begin. Turning off the television, Ash also turned off the lights before walking towards his bed and tucking himself in.

"I'm going to be the best... Like no one ever was..." Ash murmured with his right hand stretched out. His eyes were droopy, already feeling the effect of the darkness that his room provided him. In a matter of seconds, he was sound asleep. Unknown to him, his adventure is going to be an eventful one.

Ash's Dream

Ash groaned, his limbs feeling numb. He almost couldn't even move, his strength leaving his body as he almost didn't have the strength to open his eyes. Though he drew strength from unknown sources and managed to at least sit down. His legs were crossed and he finally was able to move his hands towards his face. Rubbing his eyes with the utmost care, Ash managed to open his eyes.

"What the…" Ash muttered, the beautiful scenery upon him being obstructed by the fog that was seemingly in front of his face. He could distinguish a prairie, with shadows similar to those of Pokémons running around and having fun. He wanted to go, have fun with the Pokémons that seemingly were in front of him. "Oh come on~"

"Ri?" Ash noticed one of the shadows getting closer to him, his eyes squinting slightly to see if he could make out the form of who exactly was the Pokémon in front of him. Though before Ash could get a better view of the shadow, a bright light blinded his sight.

"Ash Ketchum…" The aforementioned kid looked everywhere, seemingly finding no one around him. He even was unable to see the shadows that he was looking at earlier. "As thy one mentioned in legends, thyself must partake in various trials" Ash paid attention to the voice that was talking to him. 'Mentioned in legends?', he was only just a nine, probably already ten, year old boy wanting to become a Pokémon trainer. Nothing was making sense in his mind. "Follow the rainbow, as it is thy first trial… The Trial of the Skies"

Then, a godly and powerful screech erupted through the area. With Ash having to move his hands up to his ears to cover them from the cry that was threatening to make his ears unusable. Though Ash opened his eyes wide in shock, his eyes were drawn to something in front of him. 

The paleness of the area only began to shift into nothingness. But something was piercing into his very soul. The stoick red eyes just stared right at him, making Ash feel slightly uncertain, but he knew that whoever it may be… that it was not a threat to him.

Kanto; Pallet Town

"Ah!" Ash screamed, or at least that is what he tried to do. His scream came out as a gasp, sweat dripping off his body and he tried to calm himself down. It was unlike any dream he has had before. It was downright terrifying for a ten year old boy. But he had to also admit that the dream was awfully mythical, as if someone was telling him about a prophecy.

"Ashy, are you alright?" Ash looked to the door to see his mother, Delia Ketchum. Ash only looked down, watching his trembling hand with a hint of doubt in his mind. He didn't even know what he could tell his mother. The dream, if it even was a dream to begin with, had impacted Ash to his very core.