"Why are you turning away?" He mumbles.

"Maybe I just want some room." I lie again.

"Rolling over doesn't add room-"

"Maybe I want space." I correct myself.

He scrunches his nose in the dark. "No offense, but then why are you in bed with me?"

Is that how how he feels? He doesn't want me here!

I scowl. "I was wondering the same thing." My voice is unexpectedly harsh.

Anson shrinks against the mattress for a split second, confusing me but I don't let that show. "Blue, is something wrong?"

Feeling more agitated by the second, I shake my head and just deny it. My calm and positive attitude mixed with my tired one seems to ignite at his words. I feel fire begin to burn in my chest. Realizing that I could say something in anger, I decide to leave the room.

"Is it too hot in here? I can turn down the heat." He pointlessly offers.

"I'm fine." I snap. "I'll just go to one of the guest rooms so you can think in peace."

It feels weird to be angry with him.

"Baby, don't leave." Anson's voice is soft. I pull his covers off me and stand. He sits and scootches closer to my side.

"Don't follow me. I know my way to the guest rooms." I grab my pillow and walk for the door.

I hear Anson stands up behind me and follows. I turn around, now annoyed. "I said stay." I push him away at the chest. He frowns.

"Something's wrong." He realizes. "Are you mad at me?"

I guess I am.

    I exhaustedly shrug. "Just don't worry about it."

"If you're mad at me, then-"

"I'm not mad." I say.

I just feel neglected, left out of his thoughts, useless, and tired...

"you're actually just wanting space?" His brows furrow skeptically. He turns on a lamp. I can see how blue his eyes are, now.

I don't respond.

"If you're lying-" He begins, but I cut him off.

"What? What are you gonna do?"

  He looks surprised at my outburst. I roll my eyes, feeling like the bad guy.

"Indie, Why-"

I cut him off again. "Just shut me out of your head and demand that you still get room in mine. That's fair, right?" I bite my lip unhappily.

He curses under his breath. "You think I'm shutting you out?"

     Duh! Where has he been? Oh yeah... the hospital. I frown.

"You let me see a vulnerable part of you, and then you act like it never happened. It's been a week since you've updated me on how you feel. You act like yourself, then go to the hospital, then come back and you're so far away from me. All week it's been that way." I squeeze my pillow in my hands. "So yeah, I'd call that shutting me out."

"It's just hard to see Bryce and not be concerned." Anson stutters unsurely on his words.

"I'm concerned, too, Anson."