"No, but-"

"Exactly, she sits back and enjoys what her man brought to the table. I need you to do the same."

"You and this male dominance shit man. It's getting out of hand." I rolled my eyes and sat back in my seat.

"And you're getting out of line. Quit while you're ahead Lina." His voice had gone low and I could see the vein in his neck starting to pop out.

"Why can't you just let me eat what I want? I don't want no fuckin' Salmon." I snapped, ignoring the signs.

"Lina. Leave it alone." He stated, and I closed my mouth.

I was irritated and just that fast our celebration was ruined. I reached into the ice bucket and pulled out the champagne. I re filled my glass and took it down like a shot. The burning in my chest helped me to calm down slightly.

"Excuse me. I have to use the restroom." Anthony mumbled and walked away from the table.

When the waitress came back with our food he was still gone so before she could set my plate on the table I stopped her.

"Could you send that back? I would like to get the lamb chops with the mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables. Thank you."

"Right away miss." She replied and took my plate back.

It had been fifteen minutes, but when Anthony came back to the table he seemed calmer, his face looked relaxed and that neck vein wasn't showing. When he seen only one plate at the table he raised an eyebrow.

"Where's your plate?" he asked, pulling out his seat to sit down.

"Right here sir." The waitress answered for me, placing my lamb chops on the table. The smell alone made my mouth water.

"I'm going to get you two another bottle of champagne." She mentioned before taking the empty bottle and walking off.

Anthony was sitting like a statue staring at my plate.

"What you want some?" I asked playfully, I knew my shit smelled better than that Salmon.

I couldn't even finish my sentence before he jumped out his seat and smacked my entire plate off the table, making the food fly everywhere. The live music stopped, and other guests were staring and whispering but Anthony didn't give a fuck.

"You just can't listen for shit huh?" he growled as he stood over me.

I was embarrassed, confused and scared. He was making a scene in front of everyone.

"Anth-" I started but he snatched me out of my seat so quick I couldn't say his whole name.

"We're leaving." He snapped, dragging me towards the door.

The waitress ran over to us with fearful eyes.

"Is everything alright?" she asked cautiously.

"Charge the bill to my card." Was all he said as he continued to pull me out the restaurant.

The force on my arm was making it go dead. Once we got down into the parking garage and to the car he flung me up against the passenger door and I cried out.

"Bitch! Ya ears don't work or something!? You thought that shit was cute? Sneak behind my back about of plate of food ain't no telling what else you'll sneak and do! Don't no nigga want a untrustworthy bitch!" he was yelling so loud his voice was echoing off the walls.

I was standing there looking dumb, I couldn't even believe he was acting like this! And tonight, of all nights!

"Anthony you need to calm down." I told him.

"Calm down huh?" he chuckled and stepped back.

I watched as he put his hands in his face and let out a long breath. Before I could even react, his fist flew out and hit me dead in the eye. I immediately grabbed my face and screamed but he put one hand over my mouth and the other around my neck.

"Bitch you need to realize who the man is in this relationship. You don't question what I say! You don't talk back! And you for damn sure don't tell me I need to calm down! You need to get with the program Lina, before you end up as another dead bitch in the gutter."

When he pushed me away I was gasping for air, I doubled over against the car trying to catch my breath. Anthony walked around to the driver side and started the car up. He rolled down the passenger window and called out

"Get in or I'll leave yo sorry ass here."

I had half a mind to stay right where the fuck I was at, but how would I get home with no car? I pulled myself up and slid into the passenger seat quietly.

"See how easy that was baby? Listening ain't so bad." He said calmly before he screeched out the parking garage.