red carpet

shawn walked on to the red carpet as i stood back and watched, waiting for my turn to go on. he subtly looked over his shoulder at me and gave me a faint smile to which i returned. i hated the fact that we couldn't walk down the red carpet, hand in hand, posing for the camera together like all the other couples here.

i watched him walk over to the side to do an interview and sighed. it was now my turn to go on. i walked on to the red carpet and plastered a small, but still fake, smile on my face. how could i enjoy myself when im not allowed to so much as communicate with my boyfriend?

the cameras flashed repeatedly as i posed for multiple photos. out the corner of my eye, i could see shawn making his way over to me. i looked over at him. he arrived at my side and slid his arm around my waist. i turned to him with a shocked expression on my face. he simply looked at me and smiled. i smiled back.

i didn't care if management got angry about this. all i wanted was to walk down the red carpet with my boyfriend, and i was finally getting to do it.

we didn't have to admit we were dating yet. as long as shawn doesn't do or say anything to confirm it, we can just say we're friends. no one will believe us, but i don't think management will care.

shawn and i just smiled genuine smiles for the camera, his arm still loosely wrapped around my waist. i heard paparazzi yelling questions at us, but we just ignored them and walked off the red carpet. once we were out of view of the cameras, shawn turned to me and placed his hands on my shoulders, a beaming smile spread across his face. i couldn't help the smile that appeared on my lips too.

"management are going to be so pissed." shawn said, laughing. i chuckled and shook my head.

"i don't even care."

~~

they REALLY don't give a fuck