Soul-Sucking Shenanigans

**Warning: My old writing/not proof-read**

December 20th, 2018
"Tiny demon, where did you disappear to?" he called, desperately searching for the missing human. He'd introduced her to most of the demons, but there were too many to introduce her to. What if one of them mistook her as one of the Damned?
"Why do you keep calling me 'tiny demon'?" she popped out from under his desk.
"Because you're tiny and a demon," he stomped over to her.
"I'm not tiny, or a demon," she pouted.
"I'm not tiny, nor a demon," he corrected.
"Blah. Why do you always want me to say things right?" she frowned.
"You need to practice proper English. Besides, I let you get away with it most of the time," he informed her. "And you're very tiny, and while you're not an actual demon, you're pretty demonic," he added.
"You're pretty demonic," she mocked, "And you're big, so you're a big demon."
"I'm not just any ol' demon. I am the demon of demons. I am the devil." he scoffed.
"You're a big devil," she decided.
"Correct," he smirked.
"It's not fun if you agree," she pouted.
"Good," he huffed.
"You never let me have any fun," she complained.
"Speaking of which, it's time for you to get some sleep," he ordered.
"But I'm not tired," she whined.
"That's unfortunate because I have something I need to do," he told her plainly.
"I can help," she objected.
"In this instance, you can't," he gestured with his hand for her to follow him.
"But you let me help with things all the time," she argued.
"Those things are different," he persisted.
"What are you doing?" she asked.
"Demon work," he answered cryptically.
"But I'm a tiny demon," she walked up to him and looked up at the tall demon with her biggest, cutest puppy eyes. Unluckily for her, puppy eyes didn't work on someone who had to constantly listen to the interminable pleas of the Damned.
"It's a shame you died so young. You would've made a great politician," he muttered. Maybe puppy eyes worked a little bit. "Can you lay down for 15 minutes? I'll be done by then," he promised.
"Okay," she conceded and grabbed his hand. He flinched but didn't jerk his hand away from her. He still wasn't used to children, but he knew it comforted her. Her small hand, approximately half the size of his hand, desperately tried to wrap around his hand, since his hand didn't seem to do much holding. It was even harder to hold on when he started walking. His strides were considerably larger, and she had to run to keep up.
...
She scrambled into the bed, no thanks to the lack of help coming from Lucifer.
"I'll come get you when I'm done," he exited the room. She flopped onto the bed, then she flopped onto her left side, then her right side, then her stomach. Surely it had been 15 minutes. In reality, it had been less than five minutes.
"Mr. Lucifer?" she called. Where was he? She crawled out of bed and opened up the door. She waddled throughout his oversized house until she came to his office. She silently opened the door. She looked at the looming figure named Lucifer. He was holding a man by his throat as a smoke-like cloud floated from the man's mouth to Lucifer's.
"Please," the man croaked weakly. When the cloud depleted, he dropped the man to the floor.
"Pitiful mortal," Lucifer shook his head as he watched the man turn to flames and burn into ash. He kicked the pile, allowing the ash to fly around the room and disappear in the air. She was horrified. Did he just hurt him? Lucifer drew his upper lip up in disgust as he looked at his shoe. He drew a handkerchief from his coat pocket and bent over to wipe off his soot-covered shoe. He flicked the dirty handkerchief throughout the air until the marks magically disappeared before neatly tucking the handkerchief back into his pocket. He migrated to the door. "I thought I told you to stay in the bed until I came and got you." He looked her over with nervous eyes. She sprinted away from him. She turned back around to see if he was catching up with her. She slammed against something. "How long were you standing there, Tiny Demon?" he challenged. She looked up to find that something as him, and she was back in his office.
"Please don't kill me!" she wailed.
"You're already dead," he reminded her.
"But...but...what did you do to him?" she whimpered.
"You don't have to worry about that," he straightened up his suit.
"What did you do to him?" she shrieked worriedly.
He sighed, "There's isn't a proper verb in the English vocabulary for it...but I guess you could say that I ate his soul."
"Why would you do that?" she squeaked out.
"To send him into Purgatory," he elaborated.
"What's Purgatory?" she asked nervously
"It's similar to being unconscious for eternity. Your existence is merely deleted, leaving behind a rotting body of meat in the living world, " he explained, "After people serve a predetermined amount of time in Hell for their sins, they're sent to Purgatory. And, very rarely, some people go straight to purgatory because they don't deserve the punishment of Hell, but neither do they deserve the luxury of Heaven."
"Are you going to eat my soul and send me to Purgatory?" she took a step back.
"Of course not. You're supposed to be in Heaven right now. And besides, you were mistakenly marked as a Damned for eternity, so you'll never be sentenced to Purgatory." he reassured her.
Her jaw dropped, "Doesn't eternity mean forever?"
"You won't actually be here forever. Just until the mistake gets cleared up," he assured her.
"What if I'm supposed to be here forever or what if I'm supposed to be in Purgatory?" she grappled his waist. His hands shot up as if he was at gunpoint.
"Umm...it's okay," he patted her back, "there, there."
"Please don't eat my soul," she begged as she pressed her face into him.
"Oh Tiny Demon...I'm not going to eat your soul, nor are you going to remain here in Hell for eternity," he gently pried the human off of him.
"Are you sure?" she sniffled.
"Very," he nodded.
"Thank you, Mr. Lucifer," she grappled back onto him again.
He sucked in his breath, "You're welcome, Tiny Demon."