CHAPTER 6

Lucas helps me get up.

"You should start to wear glasses, Sori", Lucas gives her a death glare.

"OPPA!", the girl screams.

"Aish, you're hurting my ears!", Lucas yells back.

"Oppa, are you really dating that ugly thing?", she points towards me.

How dare she, who the hell is she calling ugly?! I mean yeah she's pretty and all, but that doesn't mean she can go around and call people ugly. If I put that much makeup I would look pretty too.

I look at her with an offense. Before I can respond to her insult, Lucas speaks " first of all she's prettier than you and secondly, it's none of your business if I'm dating her or not".

He puts his arm around my shoulder and brings me towards his table.

He touched me! He touched my shoulder!!!

My inner fangirl is dying at this moment. I can't breathe and I'm sure my face is redder than a tomato.

"Hey, Swan, right?", Jungwoo waves.

I just nod with a smile since my voice is stuck in my throat. Lucas' hand is still on my shoulder as Jungwoo starts to explain the situation: "that day Lucas wanted to sit next to you, but Kun didn't want to change seats. So, to make him move, I told him that you guys like each other. I'm not really sure how those dating rumors started spreading because all I said was that you guys had feelings for each other. I never said that you were dating."

"Yeah, but you're still dumb for telling Kun that we like each other", Lucas sighs.

"I didn't know Kun would tell Chenle, the gossip boy. I just wanted him to change the seat without starting a fight", the soft-spoken boy defends himself.

"Okay, whatever it is, I don't care about it. All I want is just to finish my high school peacefully. Just tell the truth to everyone, so those girls can leave me alone", I say as soon as I get my voice back while trying to avoid eye contact with Lucas.

"We have to pretend to be boyfriend and girlfriend", the taller boy beside me suggests.

"What, no-", it was all too sudden and accidentally, my stupid ass says no.

Lucas as my boyfriend, that is something that I have always wanted. Why the hell did I say no?

Maybe it was because I want to be his real girlfriend and not a fake one, not like this.

"The more we deny it, the more they won't believe us. So, it's better to just pretend that we are dating and break up after some time", the older explains and Jungwoo nods in agreement.

"Yeah, but you don't know these girls, they will make my life hell-", I panic.

"I won't let anyone hurt you", Lucas places his hands' palms gently on my shoulders and looks at me in the eyes.

My heart skips a beat. His brown eyes are shining like the stars. I quickly move my eyes from his beautiful face and nod.

•••

Finally, the school bell rings and I swiftly go to my locker.

My phone rings and when I look at it, I received a text from Mark.

MORKLEE🦁: Hey, I'm going to the movies with Minah. So don't wait for me 😝.

"Great now my life is really in danger", I think to myself with disappointment.

Suddenly, a group of girls surrounds me. I look at them and they don't seem friendly at all. I notice a familiar face. That girl, Sori, is here too. She glares at me with disgust.

"Hey, you! What's your relationship with Lucas oppa?", one of the girls asks me.

"I need to go", I try to make a path, but the girls get closer and they make it impossible for me to move. This scene right now looks even scarier than a horror movie.

God, please help me. Why do I feel like today is my last day on this planet?

All of a sudden, Lucas makes his way and grabs my hand.

"So, What do you guys wanna know?", he questions the girls coldly.

To my surprise, none of the girls speaks. They're all quiet and let us go.

Lucas starts to walk away and I follow him since he's still holding my hand tight. He brings me to the parking lot.

"Put it on", He hands me a helmet.

I look at him surprised, and before I could take it, the young boy puts the helmet on my head. He sits on his motorbike.

"Don't you wanna go home?", The taller glances at me.

I silently go and sit behind him.

"Are you planning to fall and break some bones?", Lucas questions me sarcastically and I stare at him confused.

"Hold tighter", The older commands and I do as he says.

I put my hands around his waist and my head on his back. He is warm and his scent is relaxing. I want this ride to last forever.