CHAPTER 5

A week has passed and Lucas still doesn't know about Mark and Minah. Everything is the same as before. The only thing that has changed is the fact that Lucas knows me now, he knows that I exist.

"Hey little brother's sister", Lucas says as soon as I entered the class.

I'm surprised that he's in the class before me. Usually, he's always late.

"Hey", I say back with a cold tone and take my seat beside Kun.

I'm happy that he's finally noticing me, but I don't want him to call me someone's sister. I bet he still doesn't even know my name. He's just messing around with me because of Mark.

I look around and all the girls are staring at me angrily. These days, I feel like everyone is staring at me.

Are they gossiping about me?

Am I their next target?

I hope I'm not and I'm imagining things.

"Kun, do you know why the girls are staring me?, I ask the boy next to me.

The boy looks around and answers, "I don't know", as he shrugs his shoulders.

Before I could say another word, the teacher cuts me off.

"Swan, what's the right answer to problem c ?", Mr. Kim asks.

I look at our teacher and then return my focus toward my book to read the question, but before I can even answer someone else does it for me.

"12", Lucas answers.

The whole class starts to laugh and I'm grateful to him for saving me from Mr. Kim. As I look around the classroom, my eye catches a group of girls looking at me with an annoyed look.

"Is your name Swan, young man?", the teacher questions Lucas, clearly annoyed.

"Well", The boy starts, "recently, my parents changed my name to Swan", He finishes as he chortles and students start to laugh once again.

"Wong Yukhei! Out of my class, now!", Mr. Kim shouts as he couldn't take Lucas' any longer.

"Go see the principal", The teacher adds just before the boy went out of the classroom.

•••

I went to my locker to meet up with Haechan, Mark and his girlfriend, Minah. To my surprise, I saw Mark and Minah making out. My eyes also met Haechan who was staring at them with a disgusted look.

"Guys! Get a room. Lucas might see you", I try to whisper so no one hears us.

The couple stops and gets a little bit away from each other.

"Congratulations!", Haechan exclaims.

I look at him with a confused look and raise an eyebrow.

Marks sighs, "ti is just a misunderstanding, Haechan".

"Wh-what are you talking about? What is just a misunderstanding? And, by the way, do you know why everyone is staring at me like that?", I ask, puzzled.

"All the girls, you mean?", Minah corrects me and I roll my eyes at her.

"Duh, because you're dating Lucas", Haechan speaks.

My eyes widen at his answer.

"Yeah! You didn't even tell us anything", Minah says.

" Even poppa said nothing to me", The girl pouts, "So rude!"