Missing

Barry POV

When I made it to the Arctic I saw Wally and Kara were already there. My eyes widened as lightning arced from the machine and hit Kara. Of course she didn't cry out in pain, Kara was to stubborn to do that. When I started running I made sure to be slower than even Kara. The lightning created by the excess energy then started hitting me instead of Kara.

"We need to slow down for Barry," Wally called.

"No," I screamed as another bolt hit me.

"I hate to say it but Barry's right," Kara said "if we slow down we risk not being fast enough."

As another bolt of lightning struck me I said to myself "ugh, Caitlin's gonna kill me," I looked over at Wally as I felt myself start to fade "just tell them okay."

"Flash," I heard Wally say before I disappeared.

Harry POV

"No," I heard Felicity whisper.

"What?" I asked.

"We just lost vitals on Barry," she said.

"Guys," Sara said through the comms, "I think we won."

"Yes," Kara said, "but at a great loss."

"Has anyone seen Caitlin?" Cisco asked.

"I thought she was with you," Wally said

"I saw Barry run off with her," Kate said, "so I thought she was with you and Kara."

"I think I know where she is," I said heading down towards the pipeline. When I reached the pipeline I saw Caitlin on the floor of a cell, her head in her hands. I put my hand on the screen therefor opening the cell.

Caitlin looked up at me with bloodshot eyes and said: "I didn't get to say goodbye."

She didn't say anything else and as if in a trance she walked back to the Cortex. Everyone else was there well except for Barry.

"We did it," Kara said "we saved this Earth."

"Wait," Felicity said "where's Barry."

Wally walked up to Caitlin and put his hands on her shoulders "Barry wanted me to tell you, he loved you."

"Barry's gone," I said in disbelief.

"Yes," Caitlin said, "and there's nothing we can do about it."

"Caitlin," I said.

"Leave me alone," she said starting to sound like Frost.

"Caitlin I think you need to stay here."

"No."

"I know you're hurting Caitlin, I know what it's like to lose someone you love."

"No you don't, she was only kidnapped by Zoom, but Barry's gone, forever."

"I wasn't talking about Jesse."

Her expression softened as she realized I was talking about my wife.

"So you can either do what I did and be cold towards everyone, or you can let the people who care about you help you through your grief."

"What do they know about losing someone you love?"

"Cisco lost his brother, Kara lost Mon-el, Wally lost his mom. Need I go on?"

She then ran up to me and hugged me "I'm sorry," she sobbed "I don't know what came over me. It's just after losing Barry and finding out I lived a whole different life it was to much, and I reacted the only way I knew-"

"Pushing everyone away, I know Cait, I know."

"Hey," Sara said walking in, "we're going to take Thawne back to 2049. Oliver said that Diggle needs him back in Star City."

"What about Kara?" Caitlin asked wiping tears.

"She said she would probably stay for a while and help out."

"Alright."

"Are you okay? I know what it's like to lose someone you love, so take as much time you need to heal and give me a call if you need any help."

"I will. You probably should be going."

"I'd love to stay Caitlin but Jesse didn't expect me to be gone this long so-" I said.

"You also should go."

"Guys we have a problem," Cisco called.

"We should-"

"Go," Sara said "we can handle Thawne. We've also had our fair share of speedsters."

Caitlin and I made our way back into the Cortex and upon seeing us Cisco said "I can't open a breach to Earth 2."

And we're going to end it on that. Wow two updates in a week that's got to be a record for me.
Before I update the last chapter for this I want to say thank you to everyone who has commented and voted on this story you guys were what encouraged me to continue.
Thank you and peace out wizards and metas from around the world.