My Life Just Got Really Weird

Caitlin POV

I woke up to Barry and mine alarm.  I heard him slam his hand on the clock. 

"Do we have to go to work today?" I said snuggling closer to him and laying my head on his bare chest.

"Is Caitlin Snow suggesting we take the day off of work?" Barry started running his fingers through my hair, "aren't you speaking today at STAR labs?"

I sat up and slid out of bed and as we got dressed I noticed Barry barely made eye contact with me. He seemed distant and out of it.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

" Yeah, " He said going behind me and putting his arms around my waist.

I screeched as he suddenly lifted me up and held me bridal style. He carried me out of our bedroom. I put my arms around Barry's neck and pecked his lips.

"What do you say I make breakfast," Barry said plopping me down on our couch.

The thought of Barry making breakfast made my stomach rumble then I remembered the time "I'm going have to pass today I got to get to STAR labs."

"Oh okay," He said disappointed.

"But how about we go out tonight?" He perked up at that and I kissed him once more "Okay, no more messing around I really have to go."

I walked out the door and sighed after closing it. God I loved that man, and I couldn't wait until he finally decided to propose to me.

~~~time skip~~~

I opened the door and walked into CC Jitters which surprisingly didn't have a very long line.

"The usual?" Iris asked.

"Uh, no actually I'll take an Elongated Coffee," I told her.

"Long day ahead of you?" Iris asked.

"You have no idea," I said "how are things going with you and Eddie?"

"Oh you know, just waiting for Eddie to propose."

"Same here," Iris handed me my coffee "thanks."

As I turned around I ran into a man who looked strangely familiar. "Sorry Caitlin," He said.

The fact he knew my name didn't surprise me because many people I didn't know knew my name, but it was the way he said it that unsettled me. He said it as if we were friends.

~~~time skip~~~

"Are you ready?" Cisco asked.

"As ready as I'll ever be," I told him before walking up to the podium and starting my speech. "Thank you for coming today," I spoke into the microphone "As you all know it has been almost 6 years since the particle accelerator was successfully turned on since the us at STAR labs have made many advancements in medicine and technology as Dr. Wells predicted all those years ago. Now are there any questions about the particle accelerator or the advancements we've made?"

Over all the questions that everyone started asking one stood out to me. It was what would have happened if the particle accelerator exploded.

Everyone stopped talking when I said "'What would have happened if the particle accelerator exploded after it was turned on' very interesting question..."

"Ralph," someone shouted "Ralph Dibny."

"Well Mister Ralph Dibny when the two particles collided there was a possibility an anomaly could have formed in the particle chamber then causing a chain reaction and there would have been no way to stop it." I had no clue how I knew all that but saying it felt natural and so did saying Ralph's name.

"Dr. Snow do you believe if all that happened it could have created more people like Elongated Man?" A man who I recognized as Clifford Devoe asked.

"If you believe in magic," I said and everyone started laughing "for it is not scientifically possible. Thank you but that is all the time I have."

Barry POV

I walked into the house Joe asked me to do some CSI work in.  When I spotted Joe I said "Hey Joe, what's up."

"You're not late," Joe said.

"You can thank Caitlin," I told him.

"Knew that girl would be a good influence on you," Joe said walking into the next room and there were two bodies on the floor.

"What happened here?" I said looking around for a shattered glass, a knife, anything.

"Allen," Captain Singh said "find anything."

"No sir," I told him "it's like they suddenly dropped dead."

"That's impossible Allen," He said "get me some real answers."

"Yes sir," I muttered as I took pictures and blood samples of the victims.

~~~time skip~~~

As I was running DNA tests for the couple I heard a knock at my doorway when I looked up I saw Caitlin.

"Hey Cait," I said.

"Joe told me you were working on a case."

"Yeah but I can't find a cause of death. There wasn't any poison in their bloodstream and at the crime scene there wasn't a stab or bullet wound. It's as if they just dropped dead."

"Maybe they went into cardiac arrest."

"That's just the thing they were both in perfect health."

"Did you see any security cameras in their house?"

"Yes, I did so if I look at the security footage-"

"You'll find who or what killed them."

"Thanks Cait,"I said, "that's really helpful."

"That's what I'm here for," she said before kissing me.

"You're here for more than that," then I realized she might of came here to tell me something "I'm sorry I got so caught up in this case I forgot to ask if you needed anything."

"Does the name Ralph Dibny sound familiar," Caitlin asked sitting on my desk.

Hearing his name brought me back to when I was a rookie CSI and I had gotten Ralph fired for meddling with the evidence.

"Yes it does," I said grimly "why?"

"He came to my speech today," She said " and asked the strangest question."

"I didn't know Ralph very well but I do know he doesn't care about science. And what did he ask?"

" What would have happened if the particle accelerator exploded? "

"Everyone knows that there was a chance it could have happened but it didn't."

"That's the thing he said it as if it should have happened. "

"I'll try asking him about it," I told her " but I have to get back to this case. "

"Love you," she said getting up and walking out after she kissed my cheek.

I pulled my phone out and dialed Felicity's number.

TO BE CONTINUED...