Senkulpa

DEIMOS

The sounds of grunts, growls, and a woman's screams woke them. Both jumped to their feet, rushing from the tent. Deimos stopped her by grabbing her arm, ordering, "stay here."

"If an omega is hurt, I can help," Cyrene stated. Deimos did not want her to accompany him, but agreed with her. A woman's scream had accompanied the sounds of the fight, if an omega was injured, she would likely need the company of another woman. Nodding, he released her and they ran towards the sounds of the fight.

As they approached the camp's center, he could immediately smell the reason why the fight broke out. An unmated omega had entered heat. A small crowd had formed and he shoved his way through until he saw three men battling, punching and kicking one another. The omega sat on the ground near a tent with her arms around her legs, her lip was bruised and bleeding. Cyrene instantly went to her side, taking the woman into her arms.

"Enough!" He yelled. The warriors ignored him and continued to fight. Deimos strode into the fray and grabbed the nearest warrior, lifting him several feet into the air and throwing him to the side. His head hit the ground with a loud thud and was still, likely unconscious. His fist flew into the jaw of the next one, a burly man called Alvah, dropping him instantly into the grass. "I said enough!" The gravely voice of the Berserker made the crowd take several steps back and the remaining fighting warriors pause.

The last warrior turned to face Deimos, not quite a challenge but close. Deimos raised one eyebrow at the man, not recognizing him, laying the full weight of his glare on him. No man could defeat him and none had dared even challenge him in years. But the scent of an unmated omega's heat was near irresistible, causing men to think with their cocks instead of their heads. He surveyed this warrior, one of his eyes was near swollen shut and blood was running down his face from a cut at his hairline. He met Deimos' glare bravely, claiming, "she is my spirit mate, Lord Deimos. I will fight any who try to take her from me- she's mine."

Alvah, having recovered slightly from being struck, stood and faced the other warrior and spoke, "yet you wait to stake your claim until now, Cadmar, until the bitch enters her heat. Awful convenient." The bruise on Alvah's jaw was forming quickly. Swelling would soon follow, likely rendering him incapable of speech. The Berseker grinned inside him, pleased to soon have silence from this man, something about him pissed the war spirit off.

Cadmar did not remove his gaze from Deimos, obviously identifying the larger threat. "I informed our King the moment she arrived in camp of my suspicion that she was mine. But her scent was masked by the fucking herb they take. He said I must wait till her scent fully bloomed. It is masked no longer. She is mine," the man ended his tirade on a growl, causing the omega in Cyrene's arms to whimper.

Deimos glanced briefly at the omega then back to the two men, asking quietly, "who struck her?"

Cadmar narrowed his gaze and turned to Alvah, who smirked and replied, "she tried to deny me. She is unclaimed and in heat. I claimed first rights." He turned to snarl at Cadmar, "and was interrupted."

Deimos resisted striking the man again, his irritation growing at the situation. This was why unmated omegas were never allowed out by themselves, without a protector. The alphas would fight amongst themselves if one went into heat, even the strongest among them would become a slave to his own instincts.

The Pack needed to get the Raposo omegas to their homeland, where they could be safely exposed to the Lobo warriors, under supervision, and hopefully be matched to their spirit mates. Each of the women chosen from the Raposo tribes had a compatible spirit for a Lobo alpha. It was how the Lobo could scent their dynamic, despite the damned rue they took. Having unmated omegas amongst his men was dangerous, for everyone. Many of his warriors had never laid with an omega, and all were desperate to find a spirit mate among these Raposo women.