Acknowledgements

Thank you, my love. Thank you, my one and only love. For it is because of you that I've learned this lesson. It's is because of you that I've grown as a person. I've stopped being so naive and gullible. Even though I never asked for you, I still fell for you. I jumped in head first, unafraid of the consequences. That was a terrible mistake. But at least now I know that. I wouldn't have discovered that if it weren't for you, so thank you from the bottom of my heart. It is because of you that I've learned that practicality is necessary. For even one's own mind can lie to oneself. You've taught me that love is not that simple. You cannot love for so long without feeling the pain if it's unrequited. Everyone needs to give love and take it too. Only the Almighty is strong enough to love overwhelmingly without expecting it in return, for He is love.

I've realised through you that I am not ready to love. It's not time yet. So in the meantime, I have busied myself with a project. This project is a construction which is almost complete. It is a construction which, when the time arrives, will prepare me for the worst. It will prepare me for whatever love has in store for me next time. I will know and be prepared for the arrow that will come shooting down on me. Multiple arrows will try to shoot me down, but only the one that is meant for me will succeed. But until then, I will be in my fortress.

I needed this lesson before I went out into the wild and unpredictable world. A world where angels and demons have access to you without the protection of the ones who have shielded you from everything they've tried to. That is why I have to thank the Almighty too. He sent you to me. He opened my eyes and made me look at you from a different point of view. And then He had to shake me violently to wake me up from my hazy dream. I had to learn. And now I know.

This is a sincere thanks. I mean no causticity or hostility. Neither malice nor spite. I've learned a lesson which I will take with me wherever I go and I will apply it in whatever I do. And for that I am eternally grateful. I will teach it to my children and my grandchildren. I will do whatever it takes to never fall in the same ditch I first landed in. Hopefully I succeed this time, because you don't choose love. Love chooses you.

Therefore I ask that you wish me luck. And I pray to the Almighty that He blesses me. For I will need all of this before I go into battle. This war is an unpredictable one. It may take away everything from me, or it may leave me victorious. But thanks to all the knowledge I've gained, I am better equipped and prepared. And I have full confidence and faith that victory is surely in the future for me. I will surely win this time. And I pray you find victory too.

This is a final farewell. I will never forget you and your contribution to my life. And I pray you live a long, fruitful life. May the Lord our God bless you in whatever good you do. Have a safe trip.