23 ❀ Full circle

Start from the beginning

"I.. I didn't do anything! Let me go!" I squirm in her grip, lifting a knee quickly to hit her gut. I knock the wind out of her, and I use my arms to push her away.

I try to get away to see what Ezra is doing when she grabs me again.

"This is all your fault! He's going to die because of you!" She screams, and before she can hit me a dizzying movement shoves her away, and before I know it I'm staring up at a very angry lycan.

     Ezra.

The contact of his hands to my shoulders makes me jump, his enormous claws accidentally dig into my skin and I bite my lip to stop a yelp of pain from escaping. I involuntarily step away from him, but he pulls me to his expansive, warm chest.

That amazing feeling of skin to skin contact with my mate fills me once more and I huff in contentment.

His breathing finally slows, his body stops quivering and after a few minutes I reluctantly shift my head to peer up at him.

Ezra's face is back to normal, though his eyes are still pitch black. His angry gaze fixes on my face.

"I should've known it was him." He says, and he sounds like he's in pain. "I'm such an idiot." He hisses.

Well I guess that answers that question, he definitely put two and two together concerning the whole Nathan attacking me situation.

I can't help but glance past Ezra's arm at the mayhem that was sure to be left behind.

Spotting the Alpha's son and heir on the ground is startling. His face is smeared in blood, his nose twisted at a sickening angle. Not to mention the trail of claw marks on his neck and face.

A sudden feeling overcomes me from the combination of Ezra holding me to spotting my enemy in a bloody heap on the ground.

The day of the attack drifts into my mind. Everything today is the complete opposite today.

Instead of being rejected, my mate defended me and held me close, and then instead of me being beaten up it's my attacker that has been defeated.

It slowly dawns on me that the whole thing has come full circle.

"We're leaving." Ezra demands, turning on his heels and rushing towards the door with my wrist securely clasped in his hand.

I don't have time to process what's happening until we're halfway across the front lawn.

"Wait, what are you doing?" I try to sink my feet into the grass to stop him, but he continues to march relentlessly and I almost trip so I stop struggling. I have to go along with this if I want to come out unscathed.

We walk silently for a while, his grasp never faltering, his pace never slowing. I heave a sigh and follow after him since I don't have a choice.

As we walk, I hear a bit of chatter and look up to see my pack mates gathering in groups to stare and point as Ezra makes a fool of me. I try to brush it off, try to look away like I couldn't care less, but I find my gaze drifting up.

Eventually I spot one of my many evil sisters. Tressa stares at me in shock, and I can feel her eyes on where Ezra holds my wrist. Her over-lined lips drop open in horror.

Satisfaction fills me like a sickness, and I want to stop so I can rub it in her perfect face.

Once we're in the woods, Ezra pulls me closer to him.

"Hurry up." He grumbles. I roll my eyes. He's acting like a pouty child.

"Maybe I would be more inclined to if I knew exactly where you were taking me." I blow a piece of hair out of my face, "For all I know, you could be taking me out into the woods to murder me."

"Yeah, because I would definitely do that right after I saved you from that spoiled brat." He says, and I shrug even though he still has his back turned to me and can't see a thing I do.

"Well, how should I know? Your behavior is always so back and forth, it gives me whiplash." He chuckles and I smile, because it's the first time Ive ever made him laugh, and it feels pretty damned good.

My mind drifts back to Nathan, and that girl that had tried to hurt me. Would the Alpha think it was me who did that to his son?

I shake my head. Don't be ridiculous, of course not. There is no way I could've done that to someone, and Alpha Green believes me to be a weakling so he would never suspect little old me. At least I hope.

Ezra comes to a sudden stop, and I haven't been paying attention so I run right into his muscular back that resembles a brick wall.

"Hey! I'm walking here." I grumble, and I notice that Ezra is looking into the woods with a good dose of suspicion.

He stares for a long time, and I can't help but wonder if he sees something... or someone. I remember the blonde rogue I ran into in the woods and I shudder.

Not all rogues are evil, but not all of them are nice either.

After what feels like forever, I wave my hand in front of Ezra's face to get his attention.

"You okay?" I ask, and finally his lemon drop eyes snap to me, breaking his trance.

"Yes, we're almost there, come on." He tugs me along and I sigh in defeat.

I have a feeling that whatever is about to happen will definitely be interesting.

❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀

     If you're reading this, I love you:)

Next update will be Friday!

Thanks for reading