23 ❀ Full circle

Start from the beginning

"I hate it for you. I hate every single one of them." He seethes, and I'm shocked.

Maybe he does genuinely care about me... even if it is just a little bit.

"Hey there, omega." I hear abruptly behind me, and I try hard not to let the fear show when I spot Nathan strolling into the room with enough confidence to blow the ceiling.

Ezra notices me stiffen however, and his eyes go black as he slowly turns to face the monster.

I can barely see past his shoulder that Nathan Green stands several feet away, two of his friends look sheepish at his side. Anyone could feel the power radiating off of my mate.

A lycan's energy alone can make someone piss themselves.

"I see you're doing better, still cleaning up after the pack. It's too bad you can't clean up your own messes, huh?" He chuckles with a proud smirk, like he's the wittiest son of a bitch on the planet.

Ezra presses gently on my arm in reassurance, and though I can't actually see his face, I know he's absolutely fuming. He's stiff, his expansive back tensed. He's not happy.

"Who exactly are you?" Ezra asks, standing as still as marble, which is fitting with his appearance, he can pass for a Greek God.

It's completely obvious that he knows who Nathaniel is, but Ezra's words work out perfectly.

Nathan's ego deflates a bit, his mouth twitching in irritation at the comment. He ignores my mate and continues his monologue.

"My lesson apparently wasn't enough to teach you anything, you still managed to land yourself in the pack prison, huh? Maybe you need another physical reminder of your place in this pack." The words are sneered, and the way he says them display his abnormally sharp teeth.

I feel the moment that Ezra's demeanour shifts, and I wonder if he figured out what exactly Nathan is talking about.

My lycan mate goes from furiously calm and collected to shaking with the sheer force of his anger. Waves of power fly off of him like lighting crackling in the wind.

One moment he's beside me and the next he's on top of Nathan. The Alpha's precious son is being beaten senseless, blood already coating the ground in a slick river of ruby red.

Nathaniel's friends jump away as if they've almost been touched by a live wire, which isn't too far off. The amount of energy and dominance flooding the room is suffocating.

It makes Alpha Green's aura seem comparable to a newborn kitten.

I can't move as I watch the events unraveling. Ezra's skin starts to sprout hair, his face distorting into a monstrous mug of terror.

He's halfway shifted, like he's somehow stuck between man and lycan. Claws slowly ease out of his fingers, which are still clenched tight as they destroy Nathan's face.

"You hurt her, it was you all along! I'm going to destroy you, you pathetic little bastard!" He roars, his silky smooth voice deepening so low my stomach sinks.

"Stop him! Somebody stop him!" I hear a shrill scream erupt, a commotion of feet hitting the floor and squeaking against the marble tile, but it's all I can do to stare at the one sided fight. I'm in a trance, as I can't tell what's going on around me.

I gasp when someone grabs me, pushing me against the wall so fast my head gets smacked into the plaster.

"What have you done? What did you do?" A voice asked breathlessly, it's one of the girls who hands around Nathan, her pretty face is scrunched in sheer terror.