23 ❀ Full circle

Start from the beginning

The egotistical psycho himself is so controlling that we need his okay to be our wolves. It's almost blasphemy, but no one dares to go against the boss man.

And considering his deep hatred for me, I know for a fact he would never let me shift unattended.

A smile appears on my face. I can't wait to run in the woods in my fur covered body. My pitch black coat would leave me invisible if it weren't for the warm light from the moon.

Compared to my siblings, all of whom are varying shades of blonde, I am quite literally the black sheep of the family.

After finishing up all my grueling chores, I wander through the too quiet house, glancing around cautiously over my shoulder everywhere I go.

I carry my bucket of cleaning supplies as if it's trying to drag me down to hell. My arms are shaky and unsure, unreliable to the extreme.

I'm sleep deprived, sweaty, and paranoid. It's not a great combination.

Just before I make it to the door, a rush of warm air cripples across my skin. I freeze right where I stand, stopping to lean against the staircase railing for some support.

Taking a deep breathe, I slowly turn my head around to spot the sunshine eyes that haunt me day and night.

"What do you want?" I question in a small voice, hoping to get this over with quickly. I'm having an awful case of déjà vu from that fateful day when he told me he didn't want me.

His hand runs through his thick hair in a clear sign of frustration.

"I just..." He breathes, "I just need to make sure you're alright."

"Oh, so you care now?" I ask with a humorless laugh.

     "You won't even look at me Klepto." He says. I wait a beat before observing him closely, staring at the dark circles under his eyes, the deep lines by his mouth. I promptly ignore what he said.

"You haven't been sleeping." It's a statement, not a question.

"Oh, so you care now?" He throws my words back at me, "I know you put up this tough exterior, Kelpto, but I know you feel it too." He demands, and I narrow my eyes at him.

"Yeah, you bimbo. It's called the mate pull. That stupid link the Moon Goddess cursed me with so I'm not allowed to fully hate you." I spit, turning to pick up my cleaning supplies so I can get the hell out of here.

Before I can lift the bucket, a tight grip snatches my arm away, spinning me around to stare at an infuriated lycan.

I despise the warm tingle making its way up my shoulder, I hate it because I adore it.

"You hide behind this mask, pretending you're not hurting. Trust me, I know the feeling." He says through clenched teeth, he's obviously trying to keep his cool.

He's a lycan, he can be moments away from an atomic outburst with me as the victim. And yet, due to the mate bond, my whole body feels calm and safe in his presence.

Curse you Moon Goddess!

"You don't know what you're talking about." I reply sweetly, trying and failing to rip my arm from his grasp. He doesn't even flinch.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about, don't play dumb. All of the cruel words you hear everyday have to get to you sometimes, and you're just lying to yourself if you think otherwise."

I look away, hoping he won't catch a glimpse at my reaction to his words. He's wrong, I don't care what all of those jerks have to say about me.