Smile, Chapter 11

Start from the beginning

"Bullshit,"

"Don't use my word,"

"So tell me what the fuck's wrong,"

"How about you tell me what the fuck's wrong?" He demanded and I fell back into his chest, closing my eyes. I didn't know how to word out, let alone how to open my mouth to get my words out. I was just..ugh..Mikey. He fucking confused me.

"You lied to me earlier," I said and his eyes flickered to shock. "When you said that you weren't gonna hurt anyone again..you bit your lip,"

"So?"

"You do that when you lie, Mikey. I know you,"

He closed his eyes, and took in a deep breath. He waited a few minutes before letting it out, and then he kissed my cheek. Then my forehead. Then the top of my hair.

"Mikey?"

"I'm sorry," he said quietly. "I didn't lie to you. It's just..with Tom, it made me feel..so in control, like I was finally making my own decisions. It made me feel powerful. And, I can't see myself, not wanting that again,"

"So..you're gonna kill people?"

"No," he rolled his eyes. "I just..I want to. Is that bad?"

"Erm,"

"Nevermind. I know it's bad,"

"Oh,"

"Are you scared?"

"A bit,"

"Of me?"

"Of what you'll do,"

"I wont do anything to you, Alex. You know I wont. I love you,"

-

( Mikey )

Alex had so many pills to take. He had to take 1 pill for his depression 4 times a day. 1 for PTSD in the morning and one at night. Iron pills for vitamins and shit, he'd always had to take them. And last but not least, those cute little gummy bears for extra vitamins because he barely ate.

"Are we doing anything today?"

"Is there anything you wanna do?"

"No,"

"Oh. Why ask then?"

"I dunno,"

"You're strange,"

"Love you too Dad," I said and he rolled his eyes. We were sat on the couch in the front room, watching Spiderman because it was a beautiful movie. Mom had taken Alex out to therapy and I was glad for that. One because it meant my little brother was getting help. 2 because I didn't have to go anymore. And 3 because I kinda needed to talk to Dad. "Hey Dad?"

"Yup?"

"I need to tell you something,"

"Oh. Go ahead,"

"Well actually 2 things," i corrected myself and then awkwardly brushed the hair from my eyes. The thing with what I was about to tell him was that the 2nd fact was a hell of a lot worse than the 1st one. So I guess I was safe. But even if i wasn't, I didn't care. I just needed to get this out of my system. "I'm bisexual,"

"Oh," his face looked kinda freaked out for a minute, and then he smiled. "What?"

"I just thought you'd be-"

"Homophobic?"

"Slightly,"

"Mikey your brother's bi," he chuckled and ruffled my hair. "I don't care whether you're straight, bi, gay or lesbian."