#4|appu gets a job

Start from the beginning

"The team has all last year's players. Just that Nihal and Aryan are replaced by the freshmen."

"Oh,"

"And yeah, Dhiren moved out of the team because Ryan was declared as the new captain of the team. Ego problems you see." he added.

My mouth flung open on learning that Ryan was now the team captain. I was definitely going to have fun watching the new captain play on the ground.

"Ryan is so good in cricket?" I gawked at him.

"His tactics are good,"

Just before Atharv could ask me the reason why I was smiling sheepishly and start teasing me over it, my phone rang. I mentally thanked the caller as I pulled out my phone.

"Yeah?" I spoke immediately as soon as I received it.

"Meet me at Bites cafe right now," Apoorva spoke.

"Wait why?" I asked her being confused since I had not even attended any lectures yet.

"Dhvani, I cannot explain you everything on phone. Meet me real soon!" she almost shouted.

"Okay, fine," I said in a low voice.

I glanced at Atharv timidly as I slid my phone back into my pocket. He would be so mad when I tell him, I thought.

"Appu asked me to meet asap."

"So you're ditching me?" Atharv shot his icy glare at me.

"I am not dying, Atharv. And I'm not sorry for ditching you, you know that." I crooked my finger at him.

I glanced at the first aid box, my fingers fiddling over it trying to find the gauge bandage to go on Atharv's face wound.

"I am done with the knuckles and don't you touch it. For your forehead, just repeat what I did and then wrap the gauze around it. And once you are done-"

"It will hardly take you five minutes, why don't you do it yourself?" he cut me off.

"Now don't make that face, okay? I have to go. And do not forget to return this box to the nurse, okay?" I handed him the bandage.

"Alright, but remember that you owe me a pavbhaji for ditching me." he told as I turn to leave.

Ryan entered the clinic while speaking on his phone. How bad of me that I didn't expect him to come to the clinic, his best friend was beaten up by my best friend after all.

Now that Ryan was in the same room as me, how can I miss the chance of letting him notice me? I was such a creep. I returned back to Atharv. He was struggling to pour the antiseptic on the cotton ball.

I pulled the cotton off his hand, "Let me do it,"

"You didn't go?" he gaped.

"No," I poured the antiseptic onto the cotton ball.

"Don't wince, okay?" I cooed.

I gently applied it on his would hoping badly that Ryan would notice me. I wished I would have worn better clothes.

I had a peek at Ryan. He was speaking with Rohan about something that obviously I couldn't hear. I suddenly wished I had the powers of overhearing to people's conversation from long distance.

"Ryan won't notice an idiot like you. Stop staring at him and focus on me," Atharv caught me.

"I hate you," I chortled, pursung my lips.

After first aiding Atharv, I met Appu at the Bites cafe. The cafe was a walk away from my college, where I And Atharv used to hang out a lot.